By 123alleyesonme - 02/11/2012 04:17 - United States - Austin

Today, after losing twenty pounds to please my husband, the only comment I received was, "At least now only your personality sucks." FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 920
You deserved it 5 093

Same thing different taste

Top comments

He won't be acting that way when other heads start turning in your direction.

Comments

Yea op. sorry but you married a dick. Good for you for losing 20 lbs!

Tookie22 5

Is he a Mentally abusing husband? Damn sorry OP you should be proud of yourself and keep your head up. 20 pounds is a lot of weight so good job. Just remain healthy and smile.

PhannyPack09 8

Hahahaha your picture of drake- yes.

How do you know his does? You don't know anything about OP, just because she posted an FML doesn't automatically make her some great person.

I'm hoping OP's husband is wrong. Maybe they were dieting together and he didn't get the same results? Just a wild guess because he didn't even congratulate her. Congrats OP!

Should have responded with "no sex sucks to"

He won't be acting that way when other heads start turning in your direction.

If she's a bitch, being attractive wont make her personality more likeable. Don't be so quick to assume its his fault. Even if she's turning heads he'll probably still think her personality sucks.

Pushing herself to lose weight to please and satisfy her husband doesn't really come off as the "bitch" attitude for me. Its actually more caring, and thoughtful in doing something to please someone else. Opposite of bitch actually.

you can be a total bitch and still want to please your husband. think about it.

Chances are that her husband is the asshole here, though. What kind of spouse pushes someone to lose weight and then insults them even more afterwards? You're better off without him, OP.

riack 2

You assume too much. We don't know if he pushes for her to lose weight. It's possible she wanted to lose weight on her own to please him, but perhaps he's like this now due to all the marital problems they had. There's too much unknowns here to just call him an asshole

no, he's an asshole. the other variables don't even matter. his statement was rude and pretty hurtful to op. doesn't matter if she is, fact is... he is. lol.

So by that logic, if you call an asshole an asshole, you yourself are one? I thought that was just stating a fact?

Noone knows if he was pushing her to lose weight. All we know is that out of the kindness of her heart she was losing weight for him, to make him happy. The comment he made happened to have been a very asshole-ish one. That doesn't really make him a 100% asshole. None of us know what's going on with their relationship. Maybe she was losing the weight to try and bring some spice back into a failing marriage? Lets not all assume things here.

He needs a personality check. That's really inconsiderate of him.

flutter4 7

He is probably just jealous that she looks better than him now

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
feldco1 17

And ruin the hard work she did? While she did it to impress her husband OP lost the weight for herself also.

You know this how? Op could have been completely fine with her weight for all you know. What's with all the assumptions on this fml?

CharresBarkrey 15

75 - No assumptions, the OP literally says she lost twenty pounds "to please my husband."

How does "to please her husband" = for herself as well?

perdix 29

At twenty pounds lighter, you suddenly have become a lot more marketable. There are plenty of guys who will tolerate a drab personality to have access to a hot body.

agonydrum 7

It depends, if you start out at 300 than 20lbs isn't even close to being enough to cover up a shit personality

*Suddenly a wild fat OP appears* If she started out at, say... 240lbs and lost 20, she is probably still fat. Depending on her frame, of course. We don't know how much she weighed at first.

perdix 29

#61, you're right, I should have gone with, "Aw, I'm sorry. I'll be your 'friend.'"

perdix 29

#67 and #69, What about the opposite scenario? What if she started at a thin 105, and went to an anorexic, emaciated 85? Not likely, but you have to consider all the possibilities. Ok, maybe you don't.

agonydrum 7

I'd still hit it, tiny chicks are crazy

Who ******* cares? Her husband is still an asshole.

Well done, that's amazing!!! Who cares what you're asshole of a husband thinks be proud of what you've achieved for you!!!

Tell him to be grateful that your personality sucks otherwise you could do a lot better than him.

PeacetheLove 5

Good for you for losing 20lbs! Now as for your husband... You should let him know that 20lbs is not the only thing you can get rid of..

Two options usually, divorce, or marriage therapy (forgot the other word) But that's a nice job to lose 20 pounds, so he is the issue, not you as the story stands so far, you were willing to change for your husband, so he is damn lucky.