By pauper - 09/02/2012 01:20

Today, I came home to a homeless man sleeping in my living room. It turns out he thought my house was abandoned due to its disheveled appearance, and decided to break in. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 273
You deserved it 8 761

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hey, while he's there have him work for his stay- he can live there and you don't have to do laundry or dishes! It's a win-win situation!

ninjuh_wingman 29

You know your house is messy when a hobo believes that theres no way someone would live in it.

Comments

A lot of cities have programs or grants to help people with homes that need repairs... Maybe look into that?

YDI for allowing your house's appearance to degrade to the point of seemingly abandoned. I am sure your local illegal immigrants would be willing to fix up your house and yard(s) for less than minimum wage.

Your comment was convincing, until it was degrated to shit during the second sentence.

desireev 17

I find it so funny that people think that it's easy to just fix up your house. Or that it doesn't cost money or anything. If it was easy and inexpensive to fix up your house, everyone would have a really nice house. Does that mean that OP deserves it because he is broke and doesn't have money? Or are you just trollin'?

Life's good when your home makes a hobo feel cosy.

Well, if you haven't scared him off already you could be a nice guy and let him stay. You could buy him hygiene products and clean clothes and food and try to help him find a job and in return he could do the vacuuming and wash the dishes and put on the laundry and do the yard work for you. Once he has a job you could do the chores more equally until he is able to move out and live by himself.

lizard399 0

I hope you realize that life isn't a Disney movie.

Yeah, right after an inspirational montage where they paint the fence and learn the power of teamwork. Are you freakin' kidding me? Yes, when a homeless person who is likely mentally ill or a drug addict breaks into your house, the only option is to adopt him. And he'll pay back your kindness by magically turning his life around and getting a job, because you know being homeless is a sign that someone makes good life choices.

26 - Yeah, right up until he steals your silverware and sells off your appliances for whiskey and/or heroin. Buy some common sense with your blind idealism and if you have any change left over, get a healthy dose of cynicism while you're at it.

lizard399 0

That's the dirtiest type of orgy there is..

And not the good kind of "dirty" either. BTW, I thumbed down your comment by accident, lizard. Sorry!

Homeless people breaking into someones home is common in many cities in the US. So yes, you're going to hear this a lot.

It is the cities new policy. Instead of sending letters out threatening to take control of the property if it is not cleaned causing people feel mad and rebellious. They now give homeless people work by paying them to break into these houses humiliating the owners into cleaning. Win win. Homeless get work, lazy bums are humiliated into cleaning their property.