By Anonymous - 22/02/2015 20:41 - United States

Today, I came home from work to find that my girlfriend had sold all of my N64 and Atari games and both the consoles and bought me a PS4 with the money. While I was standing there in shock, she kissed me on the cheek and said, "I know, I'm the greatest." FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 795
You deserved it 4 721

Same thing different taste

Top comments

TDog3337 12

Childhood Ruined... I'm so sorry

She probably (hopefully) had the best intentions, but that doesn't explain why she thought it was normal to sell someone else's possessions.

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

If she did it out of love, she would of bought the console with her own damn money and left his stuff alone.

She'd also have known not to sell those things. If I did something like that I'd expect to be dumped.

I get that she was trying to do it from the heart and be sweet that she got you a ps4 but I just don't understand why she didnt earn the money herself and buy it for you. She should have asked before doing that. That's totally not ok.

#43: I agree with you, but I don't think you emphasized the most important part strongly enough. That stuff was not hers to sell.

PerditaDessa 38

FML has taught me that when you enter a relationship you explicitly state that if you get rid of my stuff I'm leaving you. Think OP might have ended up with the girl who donated all of that guy's signed Harry Potter books because she bought him a Kindle.

I have a kindle, but I would cry if anyone got rid of my proper books.

PerditaDessa 38

I could see Murder: A Crime of Passion, being the response to someone getting rid of my books.

Same here, I have a kindle mainly for portability, but if anyone touches my precious books there will be hell to pay.

matttheman25 8

Something like that is a deal breaker even if she meant well

exceswater 8

Sell her shoes. All of them. And buy her one pair of UGG

WolfGirlRin 12

This is actually a very comparable analogy despite what anyone may want to think. Especially in the case of gamers.

JayVicious 20

i bet she would love a semi new pair of crocs!

eyebrowzzz 21

Dump her. I hope you went off. She's definetly not the greatest

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

#52: Maybe just stick to killing orphans, you insensitive orphan-killer.

amileah13 26

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

What?! How is this in any way considerate?

She bought it with the money from selling his stuff, which if she got a good price (doubt it) then she got more than the cost of the PS4. So she not only stole from him, she possibly made a profit. That's not considerate.