By Anonymous - 22/02/2015 20:41 - United States

Today, I came home from work to find that my girlfriend had sold all of my N64 and Atari games and both the consoles and bought me a PS4 with the money. While I was standing there in shock, she kissed me on the cheek and said, "I know, I'm the greatest." FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 795
You deserved it 4 721

Same thing different taste

Top comments

TDog3337 12

Childhood Ruined... I'm so sorry

She probably (hopefully) had the best intentions, but that doesn't explain why she thought it was normal to sell someone else's possessions.

Comments

Yarecho 14

Oh cmon not Atari too! Dude just dump her please!

my heart broke just from reading this.. my greatest condolences :(

You can just feel the betrayal through the screen. Does she not understand the amount of work and memories laced into older games? OP should have her help get them back, then dump her.

Yarecho 14

If your not going to dump her then do the Same thing lol. If she has a stuffed animal or something, sell all of them and get a small Beenie baby with the money. Then go kiss her on the cheek and say " I know I'm the greatest ".

amyfann 26

I actually think that it would be best to dump her. I wouldn't touch my BFs stuff without asking first. It shows that she is careless. She only cared about herself. And some of that stuff you cannot replace, to people saying "Buy it Craigslist!" Smh..

I was in shock just reading that. I have all my games and consoles since Nintendo. I can't imagine someone just taking them without my knowledge and selling it all, even if they thought they were doing something 'nice' for me... by using my own stuff...

I'm sorry bro. You have to get rid of her.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

It's not about how often he used them, it's the fact that they were his personal possessions and she had no right to go behind his back and sell them without his permission. The gesture was not only misguided, but completely illogical and inconsiderate.

Playing an emulation isn't the same thing at all. Games like that are absolutely priceless to their owners. And as an avid NES player - damn straight I play the same old games all the time. **** outta here.

34- No, you're not JUST being insensitive, you also have no ******* idea what the **** you're talking about. What are you, 13? Have you no idea how difficult it is to replace that kind of stuff? I know for a fact that it took literally years – decades – to amass and collect items like that! Unless money was no object, he could just buy everything back easily, but if that were the case, he would have bought himself a PS4 for himself by now. YOU can take the easy route and download emulators, but you DO NOT tell a fellow gamer to "just download an emulator" especially after his dipshit girlfriend sold everything. God, you're ******* stupid!

I don't care if it was a collection of porcelain ducks. She decided that she had the right to dispose of someone else's possessions, never considering that she may be in the wrong. This is clearly someone that has zero respect for her boyfriend and thinks that she knows whats best for him.

I must be stupid because I don't value physical objects over the experiences they bring you. Lmao, god, you people are dense.

I own every console and game I emulate to preserve the old consoles, BUT, if my significant other went behind my back and sold my collection to buy me a gift... I would be ABSOLUTELY FURIOUS with ENDLESS RAGE. I would seriously seek legal recourse.

I feel like cuddling my old nintendo right now & telling it, that Mommy would never sell it! Never!

condor216 15

This causes me physical pain. I realize that you may love her, but if she was my gf I would be pissed.