By Anonymous - 07/12/2010 05:47 - United States

Today, I called my parents from out of state to see if they would order me a pizza using their credit card online because I'm out of money. I haven't lived with them for the past year, and they still claim me as a dependent on their taxes. They said no. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 708
You deserved it 31 040

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If you're out of money, you should be asking your parents for money for groceries that will last a week or longer, not pizza that will only last a day and a half. How are you even managing to live on your own if you don't have any money, anyway? I don't really see the second to last sentence as being relevant; seems like you're just putting that there to say that your parents owe you.

you could always eat your limbs. masturbation can wait.

Comments

TheDrifter 23

I'll guess op is an overeducated idiot college kid.

it's illegal for them to still claim you. call the IRS!

Your parents won't help you because you're a whiny idiot. The 5-10 bucks for pizza would buy you: A week supply of Raman, in a variety of flavors. Or: Enough Spaghetti and Sauce for three dinners. Or: A Loaf of Bread and some PBJ which would last awhile. Or: 2-3 Boxes Mac & Cheese Or: 2-4 Cans of Soup. 5-10 of anything 10 for 10 at Krogers. All of which can be made in a college dorm with a single microwave. Wow, I wonder why your parents don't think you're starving if you want Pizza, you poor thing. And if they're contributing to your college education, your rent, your car payment, or you're on their medical then boo hoo, they're collecting a meager return in taxes. How about this, be up front, tell them you don't want them to collect on you anymore or you'll turn them over to the IRS, bet you don't because they're giving you money for something and you don't want to piss off the gravy train.

threaten to call the tax office on them

Just coz you don't live at home doesn't mean you're not a dependent. And just coz you're a dependent doesn't mean they have to buy you pizza.

For those of you asking where you can get a $5 pizza, here in California we have Little Caesar's pizza where you can get a $5 large one topping pizza and they're pretty darn good:D As for the OP, I'm with the general consensus..

Barbarossa_fml 0

Now watch as they are hunted down by the IRS

sensboltsfan84 4

ydi they shouldn't have to pay for you if you don't live at home. Shame on them for lying on their taxes by claiming you as a dependant though.

Anyone who says "YDI" has obliviously had it too easy, or more likely still live with their parents.

TRUE THAT. "oh ydi. My Beamer my daddy bought me need to be washed, you can do that and I'll buy you a pizza since you're too lazy and ask your parents for money for pizza"