By Anonymous - 07/12/2010 05:47 - United States

Today, I called my parents from out of state to see if they would order me a pizza using their credit card online because I'm out of money. I haven't lived with them for the past year, and they still claim me as a dependent on their taxes. They said no. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 708
You deserved it 31 040

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If you're out of money, you should be asking your parents for money for groceries that will last a week or longer, not pizza that will only last a day and a half. How are you even managing to live on your own if you don't have any money, anyway? I don't really see the second to last sentence as being relevant; seems like you're just putting that there to say that your parents owe you.

you could always eat your limbs. masturbation can wait.

Comments

Ring... Ring... Yes, hello, is this the IRS? I'd like to report something...

I'm sure you could think of a way to compensate the delivery guy if you want pizza that bad ;)

GoodLookingGeese 10

next time call me.. I'll pay 4 it.

I've been in a situation like this, and I kinda have to say YDI. If you have money, ordering a pizza should be the last thing you want to do. Learn to spend money wisely, like buying groceries. I can't really blame the parents for not wanting to buy you a pizza if you blew your money on other things besides food

janise 2

The rule for claiming a dependent (assuming the OP's a college student) is: Person can be claimed until they're 23 if a full time student provided he did not provide over half of their own support from earned income (scholarships and grants don't count). However, I highly doubt the OP actually supports herself since she's asking her parents for pizza money. My guess is she lives by herself but her parents pay the bills. If OP does support herself then she should claim herself on her own taxes and provide documentation to show she supports herself so her parents can't claim her. If she doesn't support herself, the OP needs to get off the computer, get a job, and pay her own bills. Maybe then she'd be able to get a $5 pizza.

I want to know where you people live that you can get an edible pizza for $5.

So many of you are pitiless and assume terrible things about OP. What if she IS doing her best working

Cause then it wouldn't be can I have a pizza. It'd be can I have grocery money, or I need some money to not get evicted.

do your taxes before they do. Claim yourself. When they ask why you say "karma, shoulda bought me that pizza". If you can't cook a pizza can feed you for a few days.