By jaded_woman - 27/12/2009 06:58 - Australia

Today, I backed out of the driveway of our newly built home. Being unfamiliar with the driveway, I ended up getting bogged in the mud and slid halfway down the steep slope of the front yard, trying free myself. I haven't met my neighbours yet. They stood in their front lawns watching me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 126
You deserved it 4 240

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ssnickel 0

"Unfamiliar with the driveway?" So EVERYWHERE else that you drive, you're familiar with, and THAT'S why you screwed up this time? It's got nothing to do with being used to it... it's a matter of watching where you're going and knowing how to back up properly.

Comments

I think what bothers me most about this FML, is how your neighbors just stood there and gawked while you struggled. Maybe they were in "Sunday clothes" and didn't want to get dirty, but that's a surefire shit way to say "Welcome to the neighborhood". An offer of some sort of assistance, even if they knew it would be fruitless, would be the polite thing to do. FYL, OP. I really hope they take the initiative to bring over a plate of cookies.

Haha that is funny, not an FML. Just tell them that you weren't used to the driveway.

tacosrawesome77 0

Fix your grammar please! Your fml should not have that many periods first of all.

Her grammar is fine. The periods are unnecessary, but also a reasonable stylistic choice. It's a cute little FML. Attempt a conversation starter!

Gobsnoglin 0

You should not be driving if you cannot back out of a driveway. Stop driving now before you kill someone. Thanks for reinforcing the stereotype that chicks can't drive.

Does this mean you get into accidents every time you drive on a new street too? Being unfamiliar has nothing to do with it, a complete lack of driving skills does.

Russia_fml 0

YDI for ******* up backing out of a driveway. I wonder how you'd fare parallel parking on a hill in a city? I really hope I'm never on the same road as you.

Is this Tiger Woods? I think he left out part of the story. And I'm sure his neighbors know him better than that.

Geez, what happened to the ability to laugh at oneself? Some people are taking this a bit seriously lol.

1. The yard has a steep slope. 2. She was reversing. That means going BACKWARDS. Surely you realised it's more difficult to drive backwards in a small space in a driveway with which you are not familiar, when there is dangerous slopes with mud aruond it. And what is it with people just saying YDI for ludicrous reasons. I mean, wtf? Sure you wouldn't be happy if it'd happened to you.

hahaha that's awesome way to have a first impression