By what even - 14/05/2015 22:17 - United States - Athens

Today, I asked my boyfriend why he was dating me. He replied, "Well, there's not a lot of options at this college." FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 621
You deserved it 4 850

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Don't ask the question if you think you may not like the answer.

Comments

That really is one of those questions where it's awkward as hell. At least it I find so, being absolutely terrible with words when it comes to that sort of thing. Having said that... That answer, well, I hope he ends up having to find one of those options instead of having you. Deserve better.

Are you insecure OP? he is dating you, so you are probably likable.

tehdarkness 21

Sometimes when you go fishing you just catch rubbish.

Have you heard of sarcasm OP? I would totally say that!

So OP is the best her man could find (and get)... Not bad. I also appreciate the guy's no-nonsense approach; you're two human beings in a social setting, not star-crossed lovers from a cheap romance novel.

Yeah, honestly if they have been together for a while and he is just being logical, his response isn't that bad! But of course, context is key... Maybe they just started dating and she was honestly curious because something wasn't adding up.

#61: I love how diplomatic you are about this. Maybe being logical isn't so horrible, huh ;)? At least not "THAT" horrible. Maybe somewhat horrible still...? I can't help but picture OP's horror at the creeping suspicion that she might NOT be the most beautiful, smart, and fun girl in the entire universe...

H e C o u l d B e J o k i n g. T h i s I s W e i r d. o.O

erizonkim 17

Tell him "Oh I think we're meant to be! That's exactly why I'm dating you too!"

That's about as original as 'I know you are but what am I?'

#23: Actually, it would be more akin to "I know you are, but I am too". OP's boyfriend sounds pragmatic, so I VERY much doubt he would feel offended at being told that his girlfriend thinks the way he does. Funny thing is, there doesn't really seem to be a "solution". What could she possibly tell him? "Start being with me for a different reason! Stop thinking the way you do!"? Is he supposed to be faking it or something? I don't think any sort of blame here is deserved. These people may simply be incompatible...