By hejdixjeln - 17/03/2013 10:25 - United States - Evanston

Today, I advised my daughter to not drink a Coke before bed. She smiled at me and reassured me that it could be balanced out with sleeping pills. I'm raising a future drug addict. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 011
You deserved it 7 533

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hence the word "Raising" Meaning, you should still be able to teach her and help her understand.

So what you're saying is.. *puts on sunglasses* That's not the only Coke in her future. ...that was terrible, I know.

Comments

Hence the word "Raising" Meaning, you should still be able to teach her and help her understand.

But with the "raising" it would sound like she is younger. Since she is old enough to be taking sleeping pills, I would assume she is a teen. She could already be an addict.

samikitty961 8

I don't understand how wanting to have a coke before bed and then taking sleeping pills so she can still sleep makes this girl a future drug addict. That seems pretty logical to me. I think OP is overreacting.

dee_89 7

Sounds like your a drug addict

dee_89 7

That comment was for 68 btw

Perhaps OP is raising a female Max Payne!

Instead of complaining on here why don't you try to teach your daughter something.

Even if you think you're helping, ignorance is not the key.

Landon_loe - Is there some reason she can't do both? Do you have something against people posting their stories on the Internet? If so, you're in the wrong place, friend.

Teach her how tequila works much better than Coke :D

#40- That profile pic adds new meaning to " having a Coke. "

Perhaps you could try a little something called parenting? Confiscate both the soda and sleeping pills. When did common sense become such a rare commodity?

Unless you make her throw up, I don't think you can confiscate something that was already ingested.

Doesn't mean you can't stop her from doing the same thing the next night.

I think it's time to stop buying both the soda and the sleeping pills, and maybe to be a ******* parent.

So what you're saying is.. *puts on sunglasses* That's not the only Coke in her future. ...that was terrible, I know.

I think she knows that. I thought it was funny.

perdix 29

#6, too many words after the LSG. This comment was fine without the device, but it was still good enough that it wasn't ruined by the ham-fisted inclusion of the sunglasses.

16- Because perdix invented the Lowering Sunglasses thing.

perdix 29

#32, I didn't invent LSG, but I like to think I practice it pretty well. Michael Jordan didn't invent basketball...

It's okay, she can balance the weed with chocolate!

There's something that OP is missing... I don't think drug addicts try to "balance" anything out. Most like to go either up or down. I think jumping to the conclusion that she maybe a future drug addict because of a Coke and sleeping pills is a bit extreme, but just in case you may want to cut out the sleeping pills now. There are plenty of natural remedies to help her sleep, you should try those BEFORE the pills.

And what might they be? I'd like to know so I don't have to take the sleeping pills which only work half the time now

Well, keep in mind she'll only become a drug addict if you don't do anything about it...

ravenh1979 13

In her defence, she probably isn't wrong.