By hejdixjeln - 17/03/2013 10:25 - United States - Evanston

Today, I advised my daughter to not drink a Coke before bed. She smiled at me and reassured me that it could be balanced out with sleeping pills. I'm raising a future drug addict. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 011
You deserved it 7 533

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hence the word "Raising" Meaning, you should still be able to teach her and help her understand.

So what you're saying is.. *puts on sunglasses* That's not the only Coke in her future. ...that was terrible, I know.

Comments

Did it occur to you to perhaps just take the coke away from her

debbster7 18

Just because she smart it doesn't mean she'll be a drug addict

Ultimate_No 7

This FML went right over your head, didn't it?

How in the hell is trying to balance caffeine with sleeping pills smart?

I love a good bourbon with my sleeping pills, personally.

Why not Bailey's? It is St. Patrick's day, after all!

how would a biscuit help wash a sleeping pill down?..

AliceLockehart 18

Where do biscuits come into this? Sense. Your comment makes none.

It does if you're from the UK, where a bourbon biscuit is a chocolate flavoured treat.

Bourbon is whiskey here in the US. And for those of you who didn't get the joke, that combo will probably kill you.

Key words: I'm raising. Fix something.

3rdbass 9

I certainly hope this is an eye opener, OP. Don't leave your medication lying around.

Stop putting your head in the sand, and start being a parent!

Plot twist: daughter is 30 and still living with her mom.

Plus cough syrup and vanilla extract.

perdix 29

Be careful with this one. She might decide to balance out your nagging and criticism with rat poison.

xKeroseneHearts 9