By Anonymous - 18/12/2015 13:34 - Sri Lanka - Colombo

Today, I accidentally farted while on my flight home. It was silent but so deadly that several people were visibly distressed. The overweight guy sitting next to me got a bunch of dirty glares. I was too ashamed to own up to it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 19 677
You deserved it 7 216

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

91hayek 31

I have jumped on that grenade. Took one for a friend, and it was easier because like OP it was a girl. People still think girls don't fart.

Or, that if girls do, it should come out smelling like flowers or something. I mean, really?

I don't understand people saying that you should have owned up. How would you go about that? Have the flight attendant announce it through the PA. "Good evening ladies and gentlemen, the man in 17B just farted and its a ripe one, thank you for flying virgin air." or just yell it out?! How about everyone else get over it. It's a common bodily function (albeit a pretty gross one) but Better out then in I always say ;)

neuronerd 28

Exactly what I was thinking. It would be incredibly socially awkward to announce your fart, and would make people even more uncomfortable than they were smelling it. While it's nice of you to be concerned, I highly doubt strangers who think he farted will impact the passenger next to you in the long run.

@18: I think being accused because of something based on your looks would affect most people in the long run and I'm assuming it's not the first time that has happened to the guy.

Sometimes I just don't know if I should press "I agree, your life sucks" or "You deserve it"...

Mathalamus 24

Lucky break. Next time, don't do that.

I was at a midnight release for grand theft auto with my brother and ex. I sniffed and said 'did somebody fart?' My brother immediately began to giggle and my ex walked to the other side of the room. The ENTIRE crowd followed suit leaving my brother alone laughing in his fart cloud in half of an empty store. He should have taken a page from the OPs book.

I'm proud of you. I farted on a plane once and the 12 year old kid next to me looked at me and yelled "oh man! Air it out!!" And I got many disgusted looks as I laughed uncontrollably. My wife (at the time) was super pissed and she was sitting several rows away. Farts will always be funny

I bet she was mad because she wasn't able to rip a good one like that.