By Anonymous - 18/12/2015 11:40 - United States - Santa Cruz

Today, I woke up to noises from downstairs. I practically pissed my pants and called the cops. Turned out it was just my cat being a dickhead in the living room. FML
I agree, your life sucks 19 727
You deserved it 5 806

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Ugh, this happened to me once. I was just robbing somebody's house and could hear them freaking out upstairs. Fortunately, I was wearing my fursuit, so they mistook me for their cat.

Sounds like an FML for the police guys who showed up. Today, some idiot called us in thinking he was getting robbed. The 'noises' he heard was his cat. FML

Comments

done* I was going to edit it but I exited from my app and now it won't let me.

lol when you own a cat I think you have to expect it to make noise every once in a while.

That is one loud cat for you to think it was a cat burglar.

It's actually good that you did because your cat was probably planning your death anyways.

jimmer23 21

Time to stop pussyfooting around and get that cat under control, right meow!

Check out the source of the noise first?

Fantastic idea! And if it happened to have been an armed burglar and OP unknowingly decided to confront them...?

You would be the first to die in a horror film, #6

Badkarma4u 17

You watch too much TV. Chances of it being an armed burglar are slim. chances of that burglar sticking around after he realizes someone is home even slimmer. I realize it happens in one of every 3 movies, but real life is not that dramatic.

Sounds like an FML for the police guys who showed up. Today, some idiot called us in thinking he was getting robbed. The 'noises' he heard was his cat. FML

If it had been in the UK they probably wouldn't even have shown up. Our neighbours were burgled a few months ago and they called the police while the burglars were still in the house. The operator told him there were no available units in the area and that they should stay quiet and not do anything, but when he said he'd stop them himself she immediately dispatched a miraculously available police car to their house. He lamped one of the burglars who was in his (thankfully empty) daughters room trying to steal her laptop and when the police showed up, surprise surprise they arrested him for assault, and the dude who was robbing them was only charged with trespassing because he didn't actually remove anything from the premises.

#14 that didn't happen at all. Stop making crap up.

At least it wasn't a CATastrophe.... I'll let myself out

Ugh, this happened to me once. I was just robbing somebody's house and could hear them freaking out upstairs. Fortunately, I was wearing my fursuit, so they mistook me for their cat.

You cat burglar! Cats are supposed to be sneaky, you failed.