By Drunk - 13/09/2010 23:40 - United States

Today, for the first time, I decided to just be myself at work. My boss thought I was drunk. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 181
You deserved it 6 422

Same thing different taste

Top comments

FirstBornUnicorn 0

That just means that you have a personality of a drunk person. I wonder what you're like when you are drunk.

Comments

FYLDeep 25

Well, I guess you'll get have to show your boss what you're like when you get drunk to prove him wrong. Let the drinking begin.

Sometimes at work you have to act differently than being with friends and home sorry about that..

RavenRockaFellon 0

It could be that your boss was so use to you being one type of personality, that when you acted like yourself it was too much of a drastic personality change. The only reasoning your boss could come up with is that you took a personailty altering substance. It probably wasn't meant as an insult... or so I assume. Just sit-back and drink some beer... wait, d'oh!

Exactly my thoughts. Your normal self is probably more friendly and less reserved, we're normally very reserved around bosses, teachers etc. So you letting it all go and just being yourself was probably akin to being "drunk" when we get a little too friendly :D

I know how you feel. I've made friends like that and the minute I actually started being myself, they assumed I was either intoxicated or pretending to be crazy. If you can manage to be both professional and friendly at the same time, continue to be yourself.

:] you sound like you have a great personality. Hopefully people get over what they think is you being drunk and appreciate you for who you are. OP: Your boss just needs to get used to the real you, but if any behavior is inappropriate for the workplace, just know when to keep it in check.

Yeah it's such a common thing to do, then they get used to that persona and being yourself becomes something alien.

Well thank you. Truthfully, I've made other friends since then. I'm just more cautious of my actions now. I have an odd sense of humor and I'm always laughing. Some people don't think that's normal, no matter how long you've known each other.

moonlight_daze 8

At a job, you're supposed to be professional not "yourself". You're suppose to have inhibitions. If you would normally say "****," you say something else.

That's what you get for acting like anything but yourself from the beginning. YDI

and what did you learned from it?never listen to your mom or dad or cartoons by being yourself,it sucks just be someone else

lol if he thought you were drunk what do u usually do during work? :D