By Anonymous - 08/12/2012 19:30 - United States - Long Beach

Today, feeling very distant from my daughter recently, I decided to sneak a peek in her diary to see what was on her mind. The book was apparently one of those that play the sound of a woman screaming when opened improperly, and alerted everyone in the house to my actions. FML
I agree, your life sucks 6 788
You deserved it 62 296

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Mearemoi 14

If you were distant, shouldn't you, oh I don't know, try to talk to her instead of looking at her diary? YDI

Say hello to trust issues and an even greater distance..

Comments

This is probably the sort of reason you're distant from her. You deserved it for being so damn nosy, and not talking to her face to face.

It's funny how commenters react differently when things are put in a different perspective, just to push OP down. I once wrote an FML saying that my mom read my diary, and most of the comments I got was how stupid I was for keeping a diary.

Well, since you have 0 confirmed FML's you're lying.

They might have posted it anonymously, or on another account.

as someone whos been on both sides of this argument, all i can say is OP needs to seriously sort out her logic. 'my daughter's being distant with me, so i'll invade her privacy to try and talk to her about it', really?? i've walked in on my sister reading my diary before and, no exaggeration, i've never felt a betrayal like it. a diary is a tool used to vent any frustrations that you may have that you can't talk to people about. for someone to snoop through is like revealing all the skeletons in your closet. also, i've made the mistake of snooping through someone's phone. i saw some messages i wish to god i didn't see, but i'll never tell anyone what they were. snooping will always unveil something you wish you didnt read. OP, i hope you've learnt your lesson and will just sack up and talk to your daughter from now on. if she ever speaks to you again.

Oh my god. Looking at your daugthers diary is THE last thing you should ever do.

sweetmama88 6

I don't understand why you can't talk to your daughter ?

AriSwagg 9

That's just rude. How would you feel if someone looked in YOUR diary? Or at least tried to?

Talk to her, DON'T INVADE HER SPACE! Itll take her a while to trust you again.

The_F3rris 11

If you where my mom Id distance myself far from you.

Well, you shouldnt have attempted to violate her privacy. I'd hate my mom if she did that. I could never trust her. YDI