By Anonymous - 27/10/2012 00:33 - United Kingdom - Knowle

Today, during dinner, my daughter rudely cut into my conversation and gushed that she's "like, totally" going to audition for a reality TV show next year, after I pay her way. Five minutes into her jaw-dropping stupidity, I had to physically restrain myself from slapping her out of her chair. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 429
You deserved it 6 748

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

Ohhhhh wow haha you're gonna have to learn to deal with it.... It likely won't stop anytime soon

Kallian_fml 21

You shouldn't have restrained yourself. You should have just gone with your instincts. Never second guess your gut feeling OP.

Draxanoth 15

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Well don't you sound pretty vain, arrogant, and selfish with that comment. The normal teenage isn't that bad, it's the few that are that ruin our reputation.

Stuck up, snooty, and pretentious? At least she apparently has the right personality for the shows... /sarcasm

I'm guessing she's a teenager, in which case, she'll probably grow out of it. If she's an adult, then you shouldn't have restrained yourself.

cis1den 0

**I Blame the Parents.. Yes, that's you!

I blame Jersey shore just because that show makes people a little dumber everytime they watch it.

JaysFanStu 3

Agreed. I lost 4 iq points the other night after seeing a preview for the next oooh look a penny!

You raised that. You allowed that behavior. And wanting to hurt your own child that badly is very serious. Do you realize that you want to hurt your child because of behavior that you raised? Do you not hear how ridiculous this FML is?

ideasrule 13

Contrary to rumor, children have something called "free will", and can choose to disobey their parents.

A slap won't seriously hurt her. Yeah it'll sting but it won't leave a bruise. One slap isn't child abuse. From the sound of it, she's never been disciplined in her life and a slap could have been good.

....and THAT is where all these self-centered, whiney brats are coming from.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Correcting myself, OP is a man... Oopsie poopsie.

For things like these is that we have so many stupid teenagers. Why is everyone so sensitive about these things? I got slapped by my mother in more than one occasion for being an idiot and crossing lines; that does NOT mean she abused me. If a parent constantly uses physical violence and that's their only form of discipline, well, that's abuse in my book, but one slap won't kill her or scar her for life. .

The fact that op had to physically there selfs from hitting there kid makes u wonder of it would be one slap or a beat down both are wrong .. Also kids will be kids teens will be teens but they only person op needs to blame is there self

65 - If OP's brat child did try to turn daddy in for one slap, she could be accused for making it up because no lasting evidence could be proven like a bruise. And I'd bet she's spoiled with expensive "toys". Which wouldn't help. But still, the parents would be questioned and SHOULD be furious at their child for overreacting and taking such drastic measures. In my opinion, physical discipline isn't bad as long as it isn't resorted to all the time and doesn't leave bruises or other serious injury. My ass got beat whenever I was caught sucking my thumb because my parents tried everything else to get me to stop. Spanking me got me to stop and the five years of braces was my punishment.

Thanking someone for seriously harming you sounds like an abuse case. Nobody should feel they deserve physical punishment.

Got off your ass and do some parenting...