By Anonymous - 22/06/2013 20:55 - United States

Today, being near-broke, I resorted to shopping at Walmart. Barely ten minutes in, an obese sack of lard posing as a human being shoved me away from the bacon I was looking at. I fell, busted my lip, then got screamed at by another woman for not watching where I was going. FML
I agree, your life sucks 55 746
You deserved it 12 835

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Especially if you are so precious that you feel you are too good for Walmart...

heinous966 15

I'm sorry he gave you such a lard time.

Comments

InfamousRaider 15

You have no right to say that, you live in Canada.

caitiebug1119 15

"Resorted to shopping at Wal Mart"? Get off your high horse you snob. If it's the people you hate there, go really late at night or really early in the morning.

Not possible for everyone. At the Walmart by my house, people get raped/shot/mugged when they go there late night or early morning.

if that's a normal occurrence then you shouldn't you consider moving?

XxXCrissyXxX 12

Thats the area then, not walmart.

Walmart is just like any other store, each with their own issues. There is no reason to feel embarrassed shopping at any store. Money is money and food is food. As for the people...idiots are EVERYWHERE and I don't think that there will be a shortage of them anytime soon. Idiots,idiots everywhere...

#54 Yes, I'll move because of the crimes that take place at an avoidable store.

True, some of Wal-mart's problems aren't it's fault. They can't help is the people who shop there are assholes or if crimes take place near by. But there's a lot of stuff they COULD fix, but choose not to. Why are there only 2 cashiers on a friday evening? Why are their staff so rude and unprofessional? I don't mind spending a little extra money if it means I don't have to wait in line for a half an hour and the staff are actually nice to me. Can't believe all the people on here calling OP a snob for not wanting to give their hard earned money to a terrible company that doesn't give a shit about its customers.

XxXCrissyXxX 12

That goes with nearly every place. I've run in to rude workers in low to high grade stores alike. it's noticeably more annoying because we shop for food and general stuff, more than other things, so were there more often.

KiddoKS 19

The op may have reasons for not wanting to shop there other than being snobby. I do admit it did come off that way, but I don't shop there because of their business practices. They regularly work employees just under what they need to get benefits. The corporation claimed they had no knowledge of the hiring of illegal workers even though it was uncovered that they actual gave the stores special paperwork for those situations. They have the big electronics companies make similar models with lesser quality parts and then sell them a few bucks cheaper. Then there's the whole made in America campaign they ran that had horrible effects on companies like Huffy. I can go on and on. I know no corporations are really completely innocent, but we all draw the line somewhere. If this is what the op meant, it could have been better worded, but don't assume anyone thinks their too good if they choose not to shop somewhere.

KiddoKS 19

*they're near the end.... ran out of edit time darnit!

IMO if your broke you don't go to Walmart you go to the dollar store, save a lot && aldi.

....that's when you go to the gun aisle.

I say YDI. Your to use to shopping els where and in your mind you created an kind of Walmart stereotype, i wont be surprised if the people there could smell the stench of fear on you.

suckstobehuman 10

Wallmart are unethical to shop at? Don't be so judgemental for OP 'resorting'. Unless it's against a fat person in which you can judge all you like, their actions are exposed in the form of their grotesque appearances.

CharresBarkrey 15

The way he describes the other shopper clearly indicates that he has a pre-defined view of all Walmart shoppers.

So OP's anger is validated if its a fat person? I hope you choke on a piece of lard.

I have PCOS. By the time I was diagnosed and knew how to help my symptoms I was already fat. I'm working to change that now but it's a pretty tough road. PCOS is genetic, I got it from my mother and there is no way to prevent it. Does that mean my "grotesque" appearance reflects my actions? None of which could have changed anything? TL;DR: get over yourself you judgmental asshat

punjabtimelord 18

Despite your affliction, (which someone I know also has, I know it's bad), the vast majority of obese people are so because of their own lazy and uncaring habits. You're trying to do something about it, which is a lot more than the aforementioned 'piece of lard' sounds like he's doing. I don't blame OP for trying to avoid this sort of treatment, I would too if I could afford it.

flashback_fml 14

You sound pompous but fyl anyways

For those of you getting defensive about OPs use of the word "resorted," I can't say I blame her. Besides the people there, go watch the documentary "The High Cost of Low Prices" and see what a scumbag place Walmart is.

I believe the OP is male. Although I don't appreciate the choice of words in the FML, I understand where they're coming from, since my family goes to Walmart. I feel lucky that we haven't experienced anything this extreme yet.

sailorarctic 22

i've worked for walmart most of my life and honestly it's a better company than a lot of you people think it is. also, that documentary is a lot of BS facts and misrepresentated data. Penn and Teller did a better job on their show Bullshit.

TheDrifter 23

The high cost of low prices was made by an anti Walmart/ anti capitalism in general activist. Did you expect anything other than misrepresentations and outright lies? It takes very little to make a documentary in the digital age and calling it a theory shields you from criminal prosecution.

Tina, you fat lard! -This is merely a stupid movie reference. Forgive me.-

Are you drinking 1% because you think you're fat? Because you're not. You could drink 2% if you wanted.

UnicornFarts 15

Well, you have a sweet bike. And you're really good at hooking up with chicks. Plus you're like the only guy at school who has a mustache.

Martinez0285 28

don't be jealous that I have been chatting online with babes all day

Martinez0285 28
1PersonIsMyWorld 22
cheezball63 8