By blargh - 03/10/2013 17:39 - Russian Federation - Moscow

Today, at work, I was taking a woman's measurements while she held her screaming baby. To silence the infant, she whipped out her breast right there and started feeding him. Moments later, he puked breast milk all over my desk. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 070
You deserved it 4 054

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm all for public breastfeeding, it's not sexual or anything but that was te wrong place and wrong time

Have you never been around an infant before? Mothers breast feed their children; it's a part of life. In addition, infants have little to no control over what comes out o their bodies, so I'm certain the mother could have done nothing to stop it.

Comments

happyfingers 15

Well... I mean... The kids gotta eat. Sucks that your stuff got puked on though. :/

I want to know what she was being measured for that takes so long she would rather nurse while doing it than just finish up then nurse. I know it's not really relevant but it's irking me. I am mommy to a one month old and breastfeed in public when need be. I'm always discreet and have never had a problem. I'm not sure why this lady wouldn't either put the kid down for just a minute so the measurements could quickly be completed, or excuse herself to nurse then come back in when the baby is calm and finish up.

TheDrifter 23

I'm wondering the same thing. The mother here sounds like one of the instant gratification "I Will do what I want, at the very instant I decide I want to do it" sorts of new mothers that believe the world should stop because they have an infant with them. They're a minority of mothers, but they're the ones that get remembered and give the rest a bad name.

cookie1207 19

You could have sold some of that milk to the guy asking for it....

She didn't have a pacifier for the time being?

not all babys use a pacifier.. its actually a nasty habit to break.

don't be a wimp a little spit isn't anything and who cares if she started nursing there deal with it I do it all the time.

A 'little' spit? You don't have a kid do you. The volumes a child can produce are staggering, they can put an average Irish drinker to shame...

Yeah, I'm pretty sure she does have a kid, considering she breastfeeds in public "all the time". But I'll give you the point for spit up not always being a little thing. I swear I've witnessed my daughters expel more than they even ingested at some points.

I'm not going to say you deserve it, but your life isn't ******, either. In the past 3 years (my oldest daughter's age) I have breastfed for a total of 24 months (combining both of my children) and my youngest still nurses occasionally as she isn't completely weaned yet. I can understand why you would be upset, but from a mothers point of view, her baby was hungry. She was going to fees her hungry baby. Would it be any worse if it was a bottle?

Exactly! Formula milk is not the same... Mom's milk is better for the child. There are moms who care about their children well being not care what BS society thinks! Wish people could understand this...

Ah ok, next time I'm going to whip my dick out in public just so I can pee there and then... Since this is also a natural phenomenon, this should be perfectly normal... Right?

It has also been proving scientifically multiple times that current formula is NOT inferior to breastmilk, so NO, there is no need for this anymore... There is this little thing called technology, and we use this to improve products. Because of this, products we use now are superior to products we used 10 years ago.

115, OP never mentioned having a problem with public breastfeeding. I personally would never pull out my boob and breast feed while I'm being served by someone. It's just courtesy to ask for a few moments to yourself, instead of revealing yourself without warning.

Formula is a poor substitute for breast milk and it should only be used in case that the mother is unable to produce milk or can't produce enough. It is not at all comparable to the nutritional benefits of breast milk.

139 That's just not true. Formula is only a substitute for mums who can't or don't want to breastfeed, but breast milk stay a million times better. Nutrients, taste, antibodies, easier to digest... I feel so sorry for your precious technology !

Kizeree 2

May I ask for your source material for this factually incorrect statement? There is absolutely no scientific proof formula is superior to breast milk. Formula is a dead substance, breast milk is a live fluid containing antibodies, stem cells, even cancer killing cells. Formula contains pesticides, manufactured vitamins and cows milk produces. Tell me how is it "better" to fees human infants the milk of a different species, but it's somehow obscene to feed a human infant milk of their own species.

Parkour_rocks 20

Formula is better than breastmilk just like GMO crops are better than organic. All media and corporation hype. They just want your money. Why pay for something that worse when you can get something better free? Absolutely no reason at all. Except media brainwashing.

Oh dear lord, it's not the same thing. Douchebag.

They are very comparable, nutritionally. Breastmilk provides antibodies that formula cannot replicate and that's about it. But if a woman has the ability to breastfeed, why in the HELL would she fork over $30+ for a can of formula??

monnanon 13

no matter how you feed your kid you should not be demonised for it. breastfeeding mothers you lose a wee bit of your moral high ground over public breasfeeding when you tell other mothers they are not doing the best for their child by bottle feeding.

Yeah you do that, and when the cops come try to explain to them that you were trying to feed your baby. Asshole

your ignorance in the statement goes to show what's wrong with people....