By blargh - 03/10/2013 17:39 - Russian Federation - Moscow

Today, at work, I was taking a woman's measurements while she held her screaming baby. To silence the infant, she whipped out her breast right there and started feeding him. Moments later, he puked breast milk all over my desk. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 069
You deserved it 4 054

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm all for public breastfeeding, it's not sexual or anything but that was te wrong place and wrong time

Have you never been around an infant before? Mothers breast feed their children; it's a part of life. In addition, infants have little to no control over what comes out o their bodies, so I'm certain the mother could have done nothing to stop it.

Comments

That is so rude and ignorant of her. If someone's doing a job for you they deserve your respect and attention.

Wouldn't it be more rude if she just let her baby cry because he was hungry? All she was doing was feeding her baby!

Um, I would rather feed my children than have them screaming. It's ignorant of you to sit there and say that the mother needs to pay attention to OP when the baby is completely helpless and she was trying to soothe her baby. She could have excused herself but at least she was neglecting her child like a lot more women are starting to do these days.

Don't you think the baby deserves respect and attention too?

emirie 21

She's ignorant for feeding her baby? You sound pretty ignorant yourself.

I agree most probably don't have children but I hate when people get on my case for feeding my baby formula since I couldn't produce enough. Then I see idiots say breast feeding is inconsiderate and gross, covered up or not. There's no winning Edit: wrong comment thread

TheDrifter 23

Couldn't she just ask op to hold off for a couple minutes and take care of the kid, rather than having op try to work around the infant to get the measurements? They eat, then vomit. Pretty much every time, that's just how infants work.

That is exactly what I meant. The baby is not going to starve in the few minutes it takes to have measurements done. It is incredibly rude to ignore someone doing their job for you and it is not child neglect to put your baby down for a second and let them get on with it.

emirie 21

You don't just "put your baby down" like you would put down you're phone. Please never reproduce, asshole.

emirie 21

Your* sorry, I was astonished by such a display of stupidity.

katie_xoxo3 16
perdix 29

Scrape it up and sell it to some dipshit bodybuilder. At least you got to see a boob, right?

Parkour_rocks 20

Haha I'm surprised you didn't get downvoted to oblivion with so many of the women on here complaining about the sexualization of breastfeeding.

olpally 32

What ever happened to using a pacifier?? That's extremely rude and inappropriate on her part. She better apologize and clean that up for you.

it was inappropriate for a mother to feed her child? a pacifier wouldn't have stopped an infants hunger.

Using a pacifier is a very hard habit to break with kids in the future. How the hell is feeding a baby rude? I'm so sick of all the "how rude!" comments. I've already said this but yes, she could have gone about the situation a little better but at least she's feeding her child. Now until you've been a mother trying to calm a screaming baby then shut the hell up.

41, I'm going to assume that all of these ignorant, inconsiderate comments stem from these individuals not having children. And, until they do, they will not understand.

olpally 32

Hey, 41, I'll never have to be one. mothers don't always know what's right. Especially in a situation like this. Whatever.

So letting the child fuss and go hungry is right? Hmmm, yeah that sounds legitimate to me. That mother was doing what she felt was best for her child. Yeah, you won't ever be a mother. It's good to because from the way you put it your child would always be hungry. Like I've said in multiple comments, she could have handled it better but at least she was trying to do something about the problem. Most guys watch **** but they can't handle a breast feeding mom? It's pathetic.

coried91, you say "at least she's feeding her child" as if mothers feeding their child is a rare practice these days. and men usually look at **** in private you can't possible compare it to something that's done in public

Totally agree with coried91, people are always on mother's cases when it comes to feeding a baby. If you feed them formula you're choosing something "unhealthy", if you breastfeed in public (even discretely) it's inappropriate, if you go to the washroom it's unsanitary (and I've heard people complaining about noticing a woman breastfeeding in the bathroom even though they couldn't see anything, saying things like "ew why doesn't she go home, I don't want to have to think about this kinda stuff while shopping"), if you let your baby go hungry and let him cry you're a bad mother who doesn't take care of her kid and is inconsiderate to those within earshot. People need to give them a break -_-

#69 That is a VERY good point about ****! While **** is just f*ck! Breast feeding is natural and right!

It's ironic how man or jacking off to giant fake titie **** stars but not ok when a woman does a perfectly natural thing!

**** isn't private. Your watching other people ****.. What's private about that. My point was a lot of people watch **** meaning they see boobs all the time but once they see a woman feeding their child it's rude, disgusting, etc. I also said at least she's feeding her child because I know people who let their child fuss rather than feed them.

coried91, what I meant was that men watch **** in their privacy and you can't compare it to someone breast feeding in public. if men watched **** in public then it would be appropriate to compare it to the fact of seeing women breast feeding in public.

I know what you were saying. What I was getting at with my **** statement is they see other women's boobs all the time. Seeing another one on a computer or in person is the same thing. It's a boob. I didn't think it was that hard of a concept to grasp.

well some people find looking at people breast feeding awkward as much as they find looking at pornos in public awkward.

Using a pacifier on hungry screaming infant would enrage them and make things much worse. Also when infants spit up it's often unpredictable, and most respectful parents would never dream of leaving the mess behind for someone else to clean up.

Well if they feel awkward to be around breast feeding sucks for them but the baby needs food. No one can make you feel awkward its an internal emotion cased by your own insecurities.

you were probably neglated as a child.. Haha

Wow people. The kid was screaming, if she hadn't put it to the breast it would have screamed more. She was trying to calm it down so that the OP could do their job. It's unfortunate that the baby vomited but that is a fact of life. I don't get why it's such a bad thing that she wanted to feed her obviously starving child.

TheDrifter 23

Wanting to feed is one thing, waiting the two minutes for op to finish (Still annoying with a screaming child present) or feeding the child and then continuing would have been far less rude options than simply expecting op to take body measurements with a feeding infant in the way. Not to mention the predictability of a post feeding vomit, which she obviously wasn't prepared for. Or am I the only one that has noticed they do that after they eat? The store even sells "burping" pads for just such an occasion.

Burping and vomiting are different things, bubs don't bring milk up after every feed. They have wind.

She should have thought about that before she went to get measures. OR, when the baby started crying, she should have asked to get the measurements done after she was done feeding the baby

My son hasn't spit up, thrown up, etc since he was 6 months old, he's 9 months now. I never had to use a burping cloth, because I was never putting baby over my clothes to burp him. I'm not saying the mom should have let baby barf all over the desk, she could have been a bit more careful, even though you can't always know when some babies have acid reflux which causes projectile vomit, which could have been what happened in this FML.

actually not all children puke after feeding. puking isn't very common at all.. spitting up is more common but again, not all babies spit up. my sister spit up like 3 times in her life..

Nasty, feel bad for you! Should of asked her to clean it up!

every1luvsboners 11

I don't see why people think that breastfeeding in public is wrong, it's better than letting the baby starve, I do see how someone may feel uncomfortable with it, but it's really not a big deal. Now if women were to walk around without a shirt or bra on, that's a different story.

Breastfeeding doesn't always work out. Sometimes formula is the only option.

I find your views on formula just as offensive as people's views that BF shouldn't happen in public. I could not BF my daughter and I can tell you she a smart, healthy child who has a fantastic relationship with me.

153 exactly. My mom didn't produce milk until 2 weeks after I was born (although she defiantly tried to BF me it just didn't work) by the time she was making milk it would have been too much of a hassle and fuss to switch me so I was fed by formula. Although the benefits of BF are outstanding sometimes a mother simply CAN'T BF. It happens sometimes and there's not anything you can do but feed formula.

monnanon 13

181 the benefits are not as outstanding as thr pro breasters want us to believe. babies have to be fed and bottle or breast it should all be treated the same way. this means no feeding in bathrooms no covering of the babies head (ehat sick **** thinks that is appropriate to make mothers hide their feeding children) and no breast is best guilt. i have never felt so sad as when i saw the looks my fully covered friend got. i was sitting right across from her and never saw the slightest bit of boob during the feeding or getting thr boob out or away. still people stared and tutted. arses the lot of them.

every1luvsboners 11

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

At first I was sure you were joking... But the detail with which you described "titty milk" purchases makes me second guess my first impression. Get some help.

It used to be perfectly normal and acceptable to breastfeed in public, before breasts became something purely sexual. Boobs are meant to feed babies. For everyone saying it's inappropriate, that is how almost all mammals feed their young. Why deny a mother that right? Yes, maybe she should use a cover, but breastfeeding is a natural and beautiful thing between mother and child. However, the vomit thing does suck... Sorry, OP!