By blargh - 03/10/2013 17:39 - Russian Federation - Moscow

Today, at work, I was taking a woman's measurements while she held her screaming baby. To silence the infant, she whipped out her breast right there and started feeding him. Moments later, he puked breast milk all over my desk. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 070
You deserved it 4 054

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm all for public breastfeeding, it's not sexual or anything but that was te wrong place and wrong time

Have you never been around an infant before? Mothers breast feed their children; it's a part of life. In addition, infants have little to no control over what comes out o their bodies, so I'm certain the mother could have done nothing to stop it.

Comments

It seems like so many people here are so excited to jump on the shaming wagon that they aren't actually reading what was wrong with this scenario. Feeding your baby in public is fine, feeding your baby while somebody is trying to take your measurements (instead of waiting the whole two minutes for that person to finish) is rude and makes it very difficult for that person to that job (especially when your baby pukes on them). She went there for a service and then made that service person's job unnecessarily difficult by being inconsiderate. She should have fed her baby before hand, made sure she had something appropriate for the child to sit in while she was being measured, or at the very least said "Sorry but I need to feed my baby. Can we try this again in a few minutes?" It's like eating. It's perfectly acceptable to eat in public, but if you were to whip out a burger and start chowing down while your doctor is trying to examine you, it would inappropriate and rude. If somebody posted THAT , I highly doubt we'd have a surge of people crying out "How dare you! What's wrong with eating in public!?" Calm down and think before you speak.

middlenamefrank 8

Okay, the puking was bad. Mom should have at least tried to help clean it up, and she should have had a burping rag handy to keep the problem contained. But personally, I love to see a Mother nursing a baby, whenever I get to see it happen. It's one of the very few pure and natural things left in society these days, the very definition of "nurturing", which is very rare these days, and it always warms my heart when I see it. Wiping up a little baby vomit is a pretty low price to pay for a nice day-brightening experience like that, at least in my book.

Lmfao it is really not even a big deal i am a mom and i breastfeed my 16 month old. When he was younger he would puke and guess what?? The puke would be extremely little!! I dont know why OP is complaining. Probably something could be cleaned off with a tissue. I would breastfeed my son anywhere he needs to be fed, if you cant handle what natures intended its not my problem its yours!! Im being a good mother by not ignoring my toddlers hunger cries!

Vegeto30294 19

Just because your child pukes a small amount, doesn't mean every child does. Just the comments above prove that babies can puke a large amount, and if its on important documents, good luck trying to remove puke off of that. Also, breastfeeding in public is one thing, breastfeeding in public while being served is another. Breastfeeding in public = Eating a burger while walking in a store Breastfeeding in public while receiving measurements = Eating a burger while in the middle of a dentist appointment

First of all, measurements for what? Second, I'm proud of her for breast feeding her child. It's healthy. Better for the baby. Third I'm sorry the baby barfed all over your desk

monnanon 13

breast has no measurable difference over formula.

monnanon 13

and your evidence that it is better is?

Formula is garbage. Lower IQ's, higher risk of obesity and diabetes. CRAP

**** off your assumptions on formula is twisted, I dunno about formula in your country but in Aus it's healthy. I bet you babies are more likely to be obese or have diabetes because of breast feeding from a junk food mother rather than formula.

All the same. Did u know formula companies came out with "breast is best"? You know why? So ppl didnt come out w "formula is worse". Breast is NORMAL. Breastfeeding doesnt boost IQ, breastfed babies have normal IQ's! Formula babies have LOWER IQ's. Formula is far from 'healthy'. Its a last resort.

monnanon 13

no it isnt. formula in the UK also is comparable to breastmilk.we even have a special brand tjat prides itself on being the same. i dont know where you get your ideas from but the obesity link has never been proven (earlier weening is thought to be to blame) and the IQ angle has never even come up. do you really think bottle mothers would intentionally give their children a disadvantage?

You need to do more research. How can formula provide antibodies? How can forumla change based on the weather or if your baby is sick? How can it have cancer fighting agents? It cant. I understand how hard it is for mothers who use formula to hear how horrid it is, I sympathize. But dont spew shit.

I'm pretty sure that the FML is that the baby puked, not that she was breast feeding.

Breastfeeding is normal, get over it. If you cant deal with a little spit up, dont become a parent

So, you would be fine with a random baby puking over your desk? A desk which probably has a lot of paperwork on it?

If anyone has a problem with me breastfeeding my daughter in public I tell them to put a cover over THEIR heads. Or I point a breast at them and make a laser sound. This is not an FML. The FML should be "today someone ignorant prick had a problem with a baby eating"

Last point. Its a human rights violatiom to disturb a nursing mother. Why people think nursing in public is ruining their lives is beyond me.

monnanon 13

as much as i applaud your point the op was trying to do her job and had not tried to stop the mother nursing. op is also not the mother so can be as pissed off as she likes.

Public breastfeeding is natural and yes vomit is gross but what are you going to do? It's not like it was done on purpose

monnanon 13

op can still be annoyed about it though. we mothers are not untouchable.