By be_nj - 29/05/2009 03:51 - United States

Today, at work as a cashier, I had a male customer come up to me and ask me what hours I worked today, like he has done for several weeks now. Immediately after, my manager calls my lane to tell me to watch out for that guy. He has been stalking a co-worker of mine. Apparently, I'm next. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 534
You deserved it 4 172

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ewww!! a customer at my old work found me on myspace once, and i never wore a nametag so he didn't even know my name, god knows how he found me!! people can be soo creepy. fyl

Comments

kingbeau 0

#8, off the top of my head I'd go with a confused look and say "Ya know, I'll have to check up on that!" and if you're feeling particularly like getting rid of them "What with this economy and all the rushing around, (talk a bit lower) and my marine corps husbands class on ways to kill a man in self defense, (go back to normal) I've been switching my shifts around a lot" to which you could add "Do you feel lucky?" but that's just a matter of taste really lol.

#28 Hey idiot! This isn't a John Cusack movie where insane persistence gets the girl. If a girl thinks it's inappropriate NO MATTER WHAT THE GUY THINKS, he needs to stop. If he keeps it up even after she's told him no, that's not 'flattering', it means the guy has no sense of boundaries and is probably single for a reason. Because he's a creep. When girls say no, we aren't 'playing hard to get', we aren't being bitches, no does not mean YES, and we're not hinting for you to ask again later. It means we're not interested, period. This guy is a waste of breath that doesn't deserve the time of day from the OP, much less a date. Why yes, I have been stalked by creeps like this in the past. You couldn't tell from my tone?

Yeah, YDI, why would you tell a stranger what your hours were or any personal info? Same goes for giving out info about other coworkers. I knew that when I had my first job, it's just common sense.

to everyone who says this person deserved it or asking why they would give out their info, who said the person gave out any personal info? The impression I got from this FML was that she didn't tell the man her hours so he kept coming back to ask her for several weeks.

YDI because you're stupid enough to tell a stranger your hours.

greenandwhite 0

if you've been telling the same guy for weeks when you're working and when you're leaving the store, YDI. you should know better.

onelove7563 0

I have a hard time believing your manager wouldn't ban this creeper from the store after 'stalking' your coworker for SEVERAL weeks... Something similar happened to a friend of mine and the cops were called whenever this guy came within like 100 feet of the store.

****!! That is scary. Lie to him, obviously!! I agree with #39 though.

ur an idiot because i would think after being asked for SEVERAL WEEKS what my work schedule is, i would have questioned the guy about why he was so interested in knowing what i was doing. you don't deserve it, you just need to be mindful of what's going on aroud you.

thuryn 2

#34: Except that a lot of you ARE playing "hard to get" so it makes it a lot harder for people to tell the real difference between "stalking" and just being friendly. Hell, there are endless FMLs posted on this very site of people overreacting to the most innocent things and the poster ends up talking to the cops. So how do we know that the OP's co-worker isn't just as paranoid? How do we know they aren't both just doing this: "So, when do you get off work?" "OMG STALKER BOOOOOOSS! HALP! HALP! RAPE!" Caution is advised. Handing out your hours is NOT advised. Maybe getting the customer's name and number WOULD be a good idea... and then handing it out to a few people in case he really does get onery. But you do yourself a disservice by crying "stalker" at the first hint of discomfort. It's called "crying wolf." I have no problem protecting you against someone who is being a creepy douche. I DO have a problem with you being afraid of everyone who tries to be the least little bit friendly.