By aw-wtf - 11/08/2009 17:57 - United States

Today, at work, a man bought a lot of really expensive stuff. He paid the large bill with cash, and the manager helped me count the money. When we were done, he handed me a $100 bill to thank me for all the help. We can't accept tips. The manager was next to me. I had to say no. FML
I agree, your life sucks 71 244
You deserved it 3 871

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That. Sucks. Ass. I am so sorry. On the bright side, you're no worse off than you were before!

Ouch well if you would have taken it you would probably been fired which is a bigger loss then a 100 bucks right.

Comments

You had to do your job and follow the rules at work? OH the shame of it!!!! However do you stand it? @@

sucks. gentlemen who do that kind of shopping often offer a tip of that sort. especially if you work at a country club.

What a bitch ass boss! That's like a once in a lifetime thing (never happened to me, anyway). My boss would have totally looked the other way. FYL.

I say the boss is a bitch. I was in this sitiuation once and my boss said, "why don't you help Mr. X out with his packages?" That way I could accept the tip out of the store.

why the hell would a company, or where every you work, not allow tips? what, are they jealous that you, the one who has to work ur arms off, earns more than those who mop the floors in the ceo's office once per week?

idontgiveone 0

Yeah, I've been wondering about those type of jobs and companies; especially when you're a waiter, working for delivery or a cashier . Sure there's always those restaurants that have the tip like 15% mandatory, tip jars, or the customer pays extra for delivery. If a customer offers a nice tip, why can't the employee accept it?

Well at least you've shown your manager that you follow company policy - you could get promoted for that one day! Also, somebody paying for a large bill in cash sounds kind of suspicious to me... at least you're not getting busted for accepting counterfeit/stolen/laundered money.

"Because you have to show it's just part of our excellent service we all love to provide and not something that needs to be paid for." At least that's what my last store director told me.