By aw-wtf - 11/08/2009 17:57 - United States

Today, at work, a man bought a lot of really expensive stuff. He paid the large bill with cash, and the manager helped me count the money. When we were done, he handed me a $100 bill to thank me for all the help. We can't accept tips. The manager was next to me. I had to say no. FML
I agree, your life sucks 71 244
You deserved it 3 871

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That. Sucks. Ass. I am so sorry. On the bright side, you're no worse off than you were before!

Ouch well if you would have taken it you would probably been fired which is a bigger loss then a 100 bucks right.

Comments

The customer is likely a thief, paying with a fake bill and then taking your real bills as change and the merchandise and actually gaining money. you would have been an accessory to fraud had you accepted "stolen money"

someone on here is a very insecure individual who feels the need to point out others' levels of intelligence. anyway it is too bad you couldn't accept a tip - policy or no policy. it was very generous of the patron though and it is nice to see people who have the extra money being so generous with it.

CaptainPat 0

Yeah, i work at Sams Club and if any one at Sams or Walmart EVER accepts a tip, or ANYTHING from a customer no matter how small it is they can get fired. Which in my opinion is completely retarded. If the customer is always right, that should include when they wanna give us money.

for all that are suspicious of the cash payment.. the OP is off the hook if it's fake, the manager was right there. some people don't believe in plastic because they feel that it gets tracked and that is creepy.. doesn't make them criminals. makes them paranoid

"61 - No manager has a choice. The only people available to work as cashiers are those with sub-par math skills. Those with higher math skills are working as engineers, accountants, etc. That's one reason those big machines we call cash registers are so ubiquitous. Here's a clue: Stuart Smalley was a joke. Yes, someone does have to manage the store where I buy my suits. Notice I've said nothing about the managers of those stores, or any others. I also haven't said all retail jobs fall into the after-school and summer categories. And for your third strike, I've not denied the necessity of even the dumbest cashiers. The world needs shit shovellers, too, but that doesn't mean they know how to solve linear differential equations. Better luck next time." -And someone needs to to pay way too much on an entrée that the entire wait staff put their genitals on and took turns urinating on. #61 you are a Grade A DOUCHE . Your rhetoric on how 'smart' and cleaver you are only proves once more how pathetic you are. You posted something witty to FMYLife.com kudos to you. Feel free to rebuttal because just like the special olympic no matter if you win or loose this battle your still ******* retarded As for the FML in question I think that anyone with half a brian would be pretty upset if they were offered $100 and had to say no.

How is that an FML? Its pretty much just illegal, although I guess I'm so used to refusing them that I wouldn't even be tempted.

iheyman 0

So what at least you have a job and can earn that money!

@#52: How do you know it's not a business policy to call a manager for sales above a certain amount? When I worked fast food, a manager HAD to be called for anything above $50, especially since our tills didn't make change. To everyone who said YDI because the OP should "get a better job" or that the OP must be stupid for working retail, you have NO idea how old he is, no idea whether he's in school or not, and have no idea of the circumstances behind it. You all need to STFU and grow up.

rssffff08 0

so you're no worse off than before...