By aw-wtf - 11/08/2009 17:57 - United States

Today, at work, a man bought a lot of really expensive stuff. He paid the large bill with cash, and the manager helped me count the money. When we were done, he handed me a $100 bill to thank me for all the help. We can't accept tips. The manager was next to me. I had to say no. FML
I agree, your life sucks 71 244
You deserved it 3 871

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That. Sucks. Ass. I am so sorry. On the bright side, you're no worse off than you were before!

Ouch well if you would have taken it you would probably been fired which is a bigger loss then a 100 bucks right.

Comments

echarperouge 0

You're manager is a dick for not letting you take it.

evlbb2 2

Working with people can really tire you out so some guy willing to give you 100 dollars is actually quite rare. especially when the service doesnt require tip. [unlike waiters and stuff] I mean when was the last time you guys tipped a hard working person whom people dont normally tip? Haha. Ouch. Manager better freaking give you a nice bonus at the end of the month. FYL dude. But hey, at least the manager likes you now. right? :P

SVelasquez 0

...so you're on here saying your life is ******...because you didn't get $100? Greedy much?

fastcared 1

This is a true FML. These greedy stores want *all* of the customers' money, so they don't allow any of it to go to you (the OP). And they pay workers very low wages. OP, find a job where you get respect. When you quit your present job, then your manager can write an FML about how the best worker quit because of his own crappy rules.

YDI because you would have broken the rule and taken the money had your boss not been there. So you can't be trusted and don't deserve the money.

The service industry sucks. You get paid peanuts and you can't take a tip? That's weak. I understand that rules are rules, but this is such bullshit.

You're complaining that you didn't get paid extra for doing what you are already paid to do?

Hey SheriffBart, Just to let you know, I go to an engineering/science school. I can count, on one hand, the number of institutions of higher education IN THE WORLD that are ranked higher than mine. Oh, did I mention that I'm a cashier for the Wal-Mart during the summers, too? To the OP: I work in retail too, and I sympathize.

Split it with your manager 50/50, yes you did all the work but $50 is better then nothing and no one in there right mind will pass up free money. I did it all the time at my old work and never got in sh!t for it.