By aw-wtf - 11/08/2009 17:57 - United States

Today, at work, a man bought a lot of really expensive stuff. He paid the large bill with cash, and the manager helped me count the money. When we were done, he handed me a $100 bill to thank me for all the help. We can't accept tips. The manager was next to me. I had to say no. FML
I agree, your life sucks 71 244
You deserved it 3 871

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That. Sucks. Ass. I am so sorry. On the bright side, you're no worse off than you were before!

Ouch well if you would have taken it you would probably been fired which is a bigger loss then a 100 bucks right.

Comments

I would have said "Thank you sir" Turned to the manager & said , If you cant let me keep then sorry sir OR mam but im going to have to get fired for taking a tip of 100$ I really am sorry but this is ridiculious he offered it & i CANT say no he is being nice & me saying no is a insult to him =) I really want this job but i also think its NOT fair that we cant take tips.

Wow. That sucks. A lot. I would have cried...

I sympathize. I worked in the service industry for about five years. I've lost count how many times I've had to turn down a tip, but none even close to that amount. From the bottom of my heart, I'm sorry.

JokingJoe 0

that sucks. i hoope your boss has the worst fml on this website.

starberries 0

Very expensive purchases and a $100 tip, all in cash? Sounds suspicious to me.

cdpaynee 0

You did the right thing. Well u respected the company policy even if it was the fear of ur manager near you. It would have been better if you would politely refuse the tip voluntarily without any fear.

I bet he just has a habit at waving money in peoples faces. He sounds wealthy.