By NoThanks - 24/08/2009 18:38 - United States

Today, an old lady came to the bank where I worked at to apply for a loan. She obviously didn't qualify for one as she has no income coming in. She looked so pitiful, so I changed a couple of her information so she could. She reported me and I got fired. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 396
You deserved it 59 984

Same thing different taste

Top comments

fml_lover1 0

It's a good thing you tried to help her though! Didn't you see the movie, "Drag Me To Hell"???? Bad things could happen if you reject little old ladies!

no1askdu 5

You should have punched her in the face.... i mean you already got fired what else do u have to lose..

Comments

YDI There is a reason for not giving people loans if they don't qualify. I'd also wager that the old lady was a 'secret shopper'.

biteyourtongue 0

You DEFINITELY deserve it. You may think you were doing her a favor, but what happens when the bill comes in and she can't pay for it, and, idk, her house gets repossessed? How is that helpful? Next time you want to do a good deed, give a homeless man a cheeseburger or something.

sustain_flight 0

Wow, that's really terrible. OP, you seem like you just wanted to make someone's day. I think it's great to pay it forward, and I think you were doing just that. People like you DO NOT disgust me. As risky a move it was, it was proof that you care more about seeing people smile than earning yourself money. People on here being rough on you are the real idiots. They don't care about anything except following the system like obedient, robotic puppies.

paks7 0

seeing people smile? you think she'd be smiling when it was time to pay back the loan? i don't.

Are you stupid? If you want to be charitable, then give the poor lady your own money. Nobody's asking you to turn your back on the lady, but when you work for a company, your loyalty lies with them. Unless they're asking you to do something immoral, you don't **** with their policies, especially policies that ensure the company making money rather then losing profit and ******* over the poor old lady's finances even worse. If she can't afford to pay back the loan right now, what do you think would happen when she's forced to pay back what she borrowed PLUS interest? It's arguably more considerate toward the old lady if you deny her loan instead of putting her at an even higher risk of financial ruin.

I agree. The only thing I do for people is stuff that will help them now. Like, helping push cars out of the snow or assisting in an accident (trained to do, so dont even start in on me for that), giving directions to lost people, things like that. I would never have done what OP did because it will come back to bite me and while I dont mind helping out people, I never assume it will work out well. PS: I hate PETA, useless....

This is when you advise her to bring son or grandson or someone in her family who has income coming in to cosign the loan. YDI Thank god you dont work at a bank anymore. If someone has no income coming in, how will they repay the lan. IDIOT

people like you got people stuck in terrible adjustable rate morgatges, huge debts, and caused the recession.

IOwnedYou 0

What goes around comes around, she`ll also get ****** some how.

GeekFairy 0

People like you are the reason the economy is the way it is right now. If you want to be generous, more power to you - but don't do it in a bank.

katemonster2 0

So if this lady was a legitimate pitiful old lady, you still would have felt good about giving her the loan? If she was taking it out against her house, when she couldn't make the first payment (which she wouldn't since you said she has NO INCOME), she'd default and find herself in foreclosure. How is helping an old woman lose her home 'charitable'??

YLIF for just being in that lose-lose situation. Obviously what happened sucked and you were kind of wrong. If you'd refused her, you'd have a job but feel really bad. Advice: get a new job that doesn't involve that kind of shit and also isn't boring as hell.

erinmeghanx 0

hahaha you prob shouldnta done that