By NoThanks - 24/08/2009 18:38 - United States

Today, an old lady came to the bank where I worked at to apply for a loan. She obviously didn't qualify for one as she has no income coming in. She looked so pitiful, so I changed a couple of her information so she could. She reported me and I got fired. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 396
You deserved it 59 984

Same thing different taste

Top comments

fml_lover1 0

It's a good thing you tried to help her though! Didn't you see the movie, "Drag Me To Hell"???? Bad things could happen if you reject little old ladies!

no1askdu 5

You should have punched her in the face.... i mean you already got fired what else do u have to lose..

Comments

mo_the_owl 0

YDI for trying to be a good person today. stop being so rough on the OP.

**** the OP and **** you for standing up for him. He wasn't being a good person. He was being ******* selfish. He was willing to loan someone else's money to someone who obviously wasn't going to be able to repay it, thus ******* both of them over, so he could get a warm, fuzzy feeling. If he had good intentions, it means he was too ******* stupid to think through the first ******* iteration of the consequences of making a clearly bad loan, in which case he had no ******* business being in that position to begin with. Assuming, of course, that he isn't just a lying piece of shit. So the three choices are selfish prick, dumb as a ******* rock, or lying bastard. Which one are you most comfortable supporting?

God ******* damn you. I hope the door hit your ass on the way out, even though you deserve to be hit much harder than that. This level of idiocy disgusts me.

Your intentions were good, but you shouldn't of risked your job like that la, especially in the current economy. It was very wrong to change her information, even though she may of looked pitiful. To be fair, you deserved it, you didn't do your job right and you gave false information on her application. But, you are a way better person than I am, to risk your job and income like that for a stranger. If I was in the situation the elder woman was in, I would be grateful you did that for me, and would never report you. Even though you did wrong, the elder woman should have never stabbed you in the back, especially when you tried to help.

sexymessy 0

This is really sad... While it was technically wrong to do what you did, I completely understand your feelings, and they're really sweet! D: It sucks things went bad for you.

Hiimhaileypotter 52

I think it's actually good that OP was reported because otherwise the lady wasn't going to be able to pay the loan off at all.

ydi for trying to screw with the system, but you have a good heart. hopefully you didnt get fired though cuz then i would say fyl. so was this lady an actual customer or was she working for the company and checking up on everyone?

notlovingit 0

i feel terrible for you you were trying to good a thing help a human being out and u got ****** over for it man FML

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Giving a loan to someone who can't pay it is very irresponsible. It would be an undue burden to them. That is why I hate payday loans and other such loan shark activities that prey upon the impoverished.

The fact that payday loan shops are so ubiquitous is evidence that they aren't preying on anybody. After all, they can't force somebody to come in and take a loan. The simple fact is that loaning to the poor carries greater risks (and save me your anecdotes about the homeless guy you knew who got a loan and became a huge success, you whiny *****; it's just that, an anecdote), so those loans carry a higher price. Properly priced risk is not a bad thing. Without the payday loans, the people who get them would have no access to credit at all. Yeah, damn those loan sharks for providing a product people want and making credit accessible to the poor.

Kay_Ell_Dee 0

wow. shouldn't have done that . that was so not a smart move .

chowyuk 0
fMYYYlife 0

Okay our economy is in the shitter in this country because of people LIKE YOU!! I'm glad you got fired. The housing market went down because loans were given to people who didn't qualify. What were you thinking? YOU DESERVED IT!!!! Im not one to talk shit on a comment board but I couldn't help myself.