By NoThanks - 24/08/2009 18:38 - United States

Today, an old lady came to the bank where I worked at to apply for a loan. She obviously didn't qualify for one as she has no income coming in. She looked so pitiful, so I changed a couple of her information so she could. She reported me and I got fired. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 396
You deserved it 59 984

Same thing different taste

Top comments

fml_lover1 0

It's a good thing you tried to help her though! Didn't you see the movie, "Drag Me To Hell"???? Bad things could happen if you reject little old ladies!

no1askdu 5

You should have punched her in the face.... i mean you already got fired what else do u have to lose..

Comments

Ok so first I have a saying for all you bleeding heart liberals who think giving money to a person who appears to have none is right. "If you are not a liberal by 18, you have no heart, if u are still a liberal by 50, you have no brain." Second. Banks work on the principle of making money, all businesses do. A bank will look at ur past to determine if you deserve to have a loan or not. No matter how poor that lady is now, she caused it herself by not thinking ahead. She is probably a drop out who had no ambition in life and it came back to bite her in the ass. You just decided to share that being bitten in the ass by not thinking about what you were doing. Therefore. You are a ******* idiot. Haha! just got told by a 15 year old.

Sleepwalker418 0

Did it say she was a liberal anywhere? No. So shut up. This is about economics, not freaking politics.

You deserve to get fired. You're not helping anyone with unscrupulous banking practices like that (the little old lady included). All you end up doing is losing the bank's money and setting the lady up with a loan that she won't be able to repay.

I understand your sense of compassion. It sucks that you were put in that position. I hope I don't have to ever make that sort of decision. I know you did something wrong, but those secret employee/customers are there sometimes to push your buttons and get you to give in. That pitiful little old lady probably gets paid pretty well to be an undercover banking narc.

Another interesting tidbit. The banks and the employees were not the actually ones to screw up your economy. The people who actually screwed up the economy was the government. And for all you leftist bush haters, it wasn't bush. Clinton was the actual one to pass legislation forcing banks to give these loans to people who they knew could not afford it. These people then went out and bought huge houses which they could not afford and nice new beamers. But as soon as the economy started to make a small dip, the people started paying minimum payments on their loans and credit cards. Aventually the people had to forclose. If the banks were not told what to do, we wouldn't be in this mess. But I really feel bad for Americans. Their new terrorist, oops I mean socialist, wait no president, is spending the money he doesn't have. Can you say Trillion?

now that's a real bitch. you didn't deserve it after being nice to her like that

prshusl0l 0

FYL for her not appreciating your act of kindness.

Forget the system. Good for you for atleast trying to help someone out. Sorry for what ended up happening in the end though, mate. Quite a bummer...

And no one noticed this fml was already posted.

change_we_need_fml 0

aww you didn't deserve it. helping out a another human being isn't a crime. you did the right thing.

Yes, she did deserve it.. and she wasn't helping another human being. The old lady would've taken the loan, and after not being able to pay it back would've face foreclosure. And judging by your name, you must be one of the thousands of idiots who screamed "Yes we can!" while knowing absolutely nothing about what Obama wants to do. Moron. Grow a brain. Helping a person out in the right situation is good: giving directions, pushing a car out of snow etc. Trying to help someone when in fact that help would hurt them is not help, or when it would jeopardize your career, your life and someone else's life is in fact, a very moronic decision.

wellinever 5

It's a bank. They can't let you do that and you should have known better. Sloppy banking is what caused this worldwide economic crisis. What were you thinking? "Let's put this old woman into a debt she has no chance of paying off". You deserved to lose your job.