By youngboob - 21/10/2014 15:42 - United States - Topeka

Today, after my dad trying every bait, hormone, and poison, the cockroaches in this apartment have gone crazy. They are trying to kill themselves. One tried to commit suicide, by suffocation, in my mouth this morning. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 208
You deserved it 3 687

Same thing different taste

Comments

Metal_Chick 15

From experience, I can say it is hard to take care of problem yourself. Roaches can become immune to certain things over time. Call an exterminator to fumigate your house; best damn $70 I've ever spent.

oh we jave. theyve been to thia apt complex several times

Apartment complexes are impossible to treat. More than likely they are under the structure of the complex. They can also live in the walls. Only option is to hope for a fire, and hope it reaches your apartment.

It may sound nasty, because it is, but butter a piece of toast or put some honey on toast and leave it in the bottom of a 5 gallon bucket every day before school/work. Make sure the roaches have a way to get in, a ramp or something. And every day when you get home torch the bucket. It doesn't get rid of the problem but it seriously limits the numbers. I did it for a while when I lived in some shitty apartments.

reasons 1-100 why i enjoy living in alaska.

Isa_fml 20

I'm so glad I have cats. They eat anything that even tries to get in here. Other units in our building have problems, but we're totally fine except for the occasional itsy bitsy spider.

BubbleGrunge 18

This is my kind of NOPE! Everyone's scared of spiders; I'll take a dozen spiders over cockroaches ANYDAY! This is the time to burn down the house and run!

tony1891 22

or you could just call an exterminator. cheaper than burning your house down.

orbit 22

The scorched earth policy would work well here.

BubbleGrunge 18

Then I have to pick up the dead ones....burning it down sounds much better!

Maybe your breath is just deadly enough to kill.

The shitty thing about roaches is they are very hard to get rid of. Even if you move they can hide in your belongings. I had a roach problem once, and know that it is a horrible thing to deal with. The best of luck to you OP!

ileenefudge 29

I have the Same issue with roaches. I was NOT told that roaches already had infested the apartment complex, and when asked about it they denied the claims of ever having roaches, which obviously made me mad and the landlord is too cheap to get a decent exterminator, despite everyone's pleas in the complex. We all have them and nothing is working to get rid of them. If I had known from the getgo that there were roaches I would have never moved in here.

Go on Amazon and get a pound of food grade DE (diatomaceous earth) and a special dusting tool. Spread it into the cracks of your cupboards, under sinks, along baseboards, or anywhere else you're finding them. It is not poison, it is ground up sea shells (essentially), and even though its a fine powder to us it scratches their shells, gets inside and dehydrates them so they die. Also put a ziplog bag over your faucets at night and seal with duct tape, dry out sinks, and put a little bit of bleach in the toilet after you use it. They are attracted to water, so if you offer none, they will start to go elswhere. Seriously, though, the DE will really help the problem. It will also kill bedbugs, so there's that extra insurance.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

even immaculate homes can become infested

ChristianH39 30

OP had posted above and lives in an apartment complex. doesn't matter how spotless your apartment is if someone else in the building has them.

Easy fix OP: Invent combustible lemons and burn your house down... with the lemons!

I had one drop from the ceiling and land on my face before. Three showers later I still didn't feel clean. Disgusting little creatures, and damn near impossible to get rid of once they infest. Good luck, OP.