By Anonymous - 03/07/2016 23:22

Today, after months of planning and saving for our honeymoon in Italy, my wife and I were turned away at the airport because my passport only has a month until it expires, even though it's only a five-day trip. FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 164
You deserved it 3 936

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well I for one had no idea it was like that. I don't think OP deserved it at all. That's awful because their dream honeymoon was ruined.

lukcy_basartd 11

Despite all the rules, regulations and basic shit that you should have an understanding of, NOBODY deserves this shit. Dumbass procedures and policies revolving around an unexpired passport...what a ******* joke. Sorry OP, hope you newly weds still find a time n place to have a honeymoon. Furthermore, I really hope you got a decent amount of coin back from what you paid into.

Comments

I can't believe so many people are ignorant enough to think it's not your fault omg it is your fault sweetie

I'm sorry but that is such common knowledge, YDI. You do your research before a trip.

So, there were earthquakes there today. They may have saved your life, though it's a bit more than 5 days after this post.

abylaunch 10

A lot of people are saying that he should have read his paperwork more clearly and done more research. Though that may be true, keep in mind that they just had a wedding which is a big deal and requires a lot of planning. It's not unheard of that some things might not have been done properly as they were rushing around in chaos going to hundreds of places and trying to get hundreds of things done.

sloog23 8

There are websites easy to check with all the information about the necessary documents (visa and validity of passport) and vaccines. It's only 10 minutes and it can save your trip!

You absolutely deserved it. I can count on one hand the number of times I've actually needed my passport and even I know that they can turn you away if your passport is any less than 6 months from expiring.

InfiniteSecret 20

You deserve it. Shouldn't making sure your passport is in date and won't expire soon be a priority for going on holiday!