By Anonymous - 03/07/2016 23:22

Today, after months of planning and saving for our honeymoon in Italy, my wife and I were turned away at the airport because my passport only has a month until it expires, even though it's only a five-day trip. FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 164
You deserved it 3 936

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well I for one had no idea it was like that. I don't think OP deserved it at all. That's awful because their dream honeymoon was ruined.

lukcy_basartd 11

Despite all the rules, regulations and basic shit that you should have an understanding of, NOBODY deserves this shit. Dumbass procedures and policies revolving around an unexpired passport...what a ******* joke. Sorry OP, hope you newly weds still find a time n place to have a honeymoon. Furthermore, I really hope you got a decent amount of coin back from what you paid into.

Comments

So....when exactly *were* you going to renew your passport?

you kinda .. ydi. Check and check and double and triple check everything you will need to have for international travel. Any government website or agency - or even your airline - would have clearly stated US passports must be valid for 6 months from date of return for international travel. A lesson hard learned, I hope you had trip insurance.

Where's a YDI button when you need one? If you don't read the conditions of travel (most countries require you to have 6 months on you passport) you deserve the punishment that comes.

Queen_of_Night 20

Just planned our Italian/Greek cruise honeymoon. Hope you guys got travel insurance.

This is your own fault. Many countries expect you to have a passport that won't expire at least half a year more. There are literally rules about it SO many places. It sounds, to me, that you didn't do your homework.

Just to let you know OP most countries require it be valid for at least 6 more months

My buddy and I went to buy some beer at Wal-Mart, we had to show the cashier our ID's. My buddy was denied, because his drivers licence had expired, and thus his birthdate not valid.

a little research shows that its particular countries that enforce these rules it doesn't appear to be a u.s. rule and I'm betting these rules are relatively new

Rules are rules -_- Only you to blame for not knowing you can't travel overseas within 6 months of your passport expiring