By Anonymous - 19/10/2012 02:49 - Canada - Regina

Today, after being totally in love with a guy since middle school, I finally had enough self confidence to go and talk to him. Turns out he's boring as fuck. I obsessed over this guy for nearly 4 years. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 993
You deserved it 37 169

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's what you get for putting some guy you barely know on a pedestal.

It's pretty pointless to be "in love" with somebody you don't know.

Comments

princess4916 5

I'm in the exact same situation

HentaiBunny 4

...there is an exact FML like this, worded slightly different, I actually thought I was in "random" for a moment... Weird.

Queen_of_Night 20

A case of a major case of curb appeal but not a single light on. I'm glad there was an FML about this. I always wondered how this whole "unrequited love with the kid in Home Ec I've never talked to" worked. I see that my assumption was right.

Iniezian 18

Maybe he was nervous also, or he's just shy or hesitant to open up like a lot of people are. He may be a very interesting person once you get to know him better, and he just hasn't opened up to you yet.

You didnt think to find out more about him during those 4 years?

how can you be in love with someone you've never talked to

**** isn't really boring I don't think, so he must be very interesting

DoxIxHAVExTo 10

This reminds me of a story about a guy who was becoming a well known actor. Not many people knew him, but he did have a couple of fans, and one in particular was basically a stalker. She had found out where he lived and would camp out his apartment in hopes of talking with him (read: fangirl the **** over him) and take pictures. She only did it twice, because the third time he figured "Why not?" and asked her out on a date. She seemed harmless and was already enamored by him, so he at least wanted to know a little bit about her. Throughout the WHOLE date she was complaining how he wasn't acting like the person she thought he was, talking about how she thought he'd do this or how he'd do that, how he dressed, etc. Basically picture her sitting in her chair at a restaurant with her arms crossed and her face scrunched up like an upset teenager. At the end, they parted their ways and he never saw her again. I just find this story hilarious and satisfying on so many levels.

DoxIxHAVExTo 10

Crap, I heard the story again a while ago and I was wrong. Turned out, the GUY was the one who complained throughout the whole date. The girl had camped out his apartment and was still a stalker, and he did ask for a date, but when they went on the date (that turns out actually took place in a restaurant her family owned) he decided to just complain about his life and about everything for about two hours. At the end she left the bill on the table (HE had to pay for the bill) and walked out and that was the last time he saw her. Needed to clarify, if only just for myself because the story is still amazing, if not better now, especially since he was able to successfully /scare his stalker away/ and because it sounds like what might've happened here in this FML situation too.