By adamclmns - 16/07/2011 22:52 - United States

Today, after a stressful week, I spent my last few dollars on some comfort food. Later, my roommate's girlfriend came over and helped herself to my juice, drinking it straight from the bottle. I'm such a germaphobe, I can't bring myself to even take a sip. It's a full bottle. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 241
You deserved it 15 205

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I ******* hate it when people drink from the container; I don't give a **** about germs, learn some goddamn manners! Especially if you don't live there/aren't family.

Just poke a hole in the side of the bottle and drain it out into a bowl or something. It won't have to go past the Infected Area of the bottle.

Comments

SamInThe407 4

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Smack the bitch first. Then COMMAND her to buy a 5 juice containers a new car a plane and a laser gun. Finally, 1000 metric tons of cocaine.

no don't day that yo somone who's a germaphobe. I am Aldo a germaphobe and will not drink or eat after anyone even my own daughter.

I pray your daughters grow up with good spelling. either that or auto correct effed you up bad.

You only had enough money to buy juice?

Merylwen 24

I can't understand people like that. Does it mean he'll never kiss anybody in his life ?

Kennzz 0

I have to say.. this is the first "first comment" that is not pointleess that I've ever seen. a

Temi25 6

I wouldn't drink it either throw it away and yell at your friend

CH1CKEN_FL1PPEN 4

36 could you say that again. in english this time.

@ 51 well i can't understand people want to have sex. doesn't mean it doesn't make sense at all. further more being germaphobic to that degree is surely an irational fear. seriously at that point there's nothing to understand it's simply how things are. you need to accept that some people have completly irrational fears just like the people with these fears need to understand that people without these fears are not going to be able to understand the fear. it can obviously be dealt with and if it becomes a problem then they should seek help yes. but it's not like they made a choice. it's fear pure and simple.

Don't worry OP, I'm the exact same way. if my mom takes a drink of my soda or something, I ask her to keep the rest.

Make her or your roommate pay for it. It's just plain rude to drink straight the container when it's not yours.

iEatGuppies 0
joeblownc 0

well I didn't understand that all

so you're friend took a sip of your juice. what's the big deal?

juicedboi 7

Man up. If you would make out with a girl, you shouldn't have a problem. This is no different.

unless the girlfriend just finished giving a *******

Killpill 1

No, he'll probably kiss and drink/eat after someone he loves. I'm the same as him. After a while with someone it isn't as bad unless you think about all the people she's been drinking/eating after.

wtf. I stopped reading this after 3 sentences because you obviously don't read what you write.

nativepimp 1

your "comfort food" is juice?

subiedude08 17

Just poke a hole in the side of the bottle and drain it out into a bowl or something. It won't have to go past the Infected Area of the bottle.

Speaking as someone who is a tad germophobic.

kaykay20 0

It's a good idea besides who knows what his girlfriend may have. Could be a STD and many things are contagious so it's understandable that op is this way.

I'd be more concerned with backwash than the bottle opening.

iluvboobies 9

Her germs from saliva (yes, some of it ends up in the bottle even if you're careful) and skin contact is already in the juice. To OP, boil the juice, then cool it down with ice cubes. It will kill the vitamins but you're in it for a comfort food, not the vitamins, aren't you?

There's such a thing called backwashing.

Cynical_in_SK 6

Uhm...can we say backwash? lol

uhmm... you cant get an std through saliva.

What about back wash? Germs aren't even the part that gets to me when it comes to sharing drinks. It's the possibility of someone's food particles that have been marinating in saliva going down my throat. Ew.

#152 you can get herpes through saliva. or mono, some sort of viruses and bacterias also travel that way.

It is good being aware of germs but there is no use in being germaphobic. Actually germs can help strengthen your immune system.

MeRcixXxTRiPp 0

yeah you can. it's called mono

MeRcixXxTRiPp 0

but they said HIV so he/she was correct in correcting them

ArielTheMermaid 17
lindseyluvszac 4

I kinda want to tell you to get over your fear, but after watching this show Obsessed, I understand that you can't just get over your fear of germs on command. FYL if this is a true phobia.

iluvboobies 9

Fear of germs is not just a phobia, it's an evolutionary leap. :) Yours truly, Germophobe

a_nutritionist 10

honestly, id be pissed too. i know where that mouth has been, and if shes not exactly the cleanest person in the world, then thatd be a double hit to me. aside from that, its ******* rude to just drink other peoples stuff like that.

turkishjew 0

I think we can all learn from shows that capitalize on people's fears

I ******* hate it when people drink from the container; I don't give a **** about germs, learn some goddamn manners! Especially if you don't live there/aren't family.

I do drink from the container, but OTOH, my containers are MINE and MINE ALONE. I don't get many visitors and no-one else uses them. If anyone else wants a drink, I buy a small, separate container. I wouldn't go into someone else's house and drink their juice from the container.

Yes! I only drink from the bottle if it's mine and no one else will be drinking it! I would go ballistic if someone helped themselves to my stuff, it's basically stealing! Never mind it being straight from the bottle, she stole his juice..

I absolutely hate that too! it really makes me angry when my brother does it with the milk container when it's still half full so he claims the continer for a couple hours while he drinks it.

Disgusting and inconsiderate!! You don't put your lips to a juice/milk/soda container if it's not yours!! AUGH! This one hits too close to home for me! Any time I buy a bottle of soda intended only for myself, someone opens it, drinks straight from it, then puts it back!! DISGUSTING!

Even worse if you know you don't always catch them doing it and can never fully trust an opened bottle left alone in your fridge D:

hey at least she wasn kissing ur gf :P

Iwashere12345 0

that was..... pretty random

whippymcdumb4zs 0

he probably wouldn't have cared if that had been the case.