By Drafty - 07/11/2012 21:30 - United States - Sylmar

Today, a stray dog came up to my living room window. My pitbull went into attack mode and tried to jump through said window, while it was closed. Now I have to pay to replace the window, and pay to get stitches for my idiot dog. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 426
You deserved it 7 611

Same thing different taste

Top comments

lilmisslovely13 15

Thats not true. Like all dogs, it depends on the training. My aunt has a pitbull and it's one of the sweetest dogs I've met.

A chuhuahua can be just as mentally vicious as a pitbull, in fact those little bitches will bite your toes off, but when they do it, it's cute. If a pitbull did the same thing, he's probably have to be put down. Double standards? Yes. And it's pretty damn obvious considering those loving canines are banned from the UK. It's time to unite and fight breedism, their time is now.

Comments

Stray dog used taunt! It's super effective!

xXHollowIchigoXx 17

Stray dog uses confuse! Pitbull is confused! Pitbull hurt itself in its confusion!

If you're dog socialized properly this wouldn't have escalated like so.

NagainaFier 16

Pits have dog aggression bred into them (hence why they're dog fighters #1 choice). Training can only go so far. If the dog thought the stray was a threat, come hell or high water the pit bull will try to kick the stray's ass.

#18: Wrong. Pit Bulls are amazingly good dogs, very intelligent, and incredibly affectionate. They make some of the best family dogs. How do I know? I've been around pits for over twenty years. There are many other breeds that are more aggressive. The Pit Bull is just much more common so it gets a bad rap compared to other breeds.

NagainaFier 16

If you bothered to scroll down, you'd realize that I have nothing against pits and LOVE the breed. They are FABULOUS people dogs. You just have to be careful with other dogs because people HAVE bred them to be dog aggressive in the past (and present, since dog fighting is still sadly a thing). What I meant was if the pit bull felt his territory+ his owner were threatened, he'd likely not hesitate to whip some ass to the best of his ability.

I think dog aggression is also a problem in male dogs in general. I had a neutered male Cocker Spaniel, Buddy, who was always sweet to our family and to obnoxious children (even as they poked him in the eye and smacked him in the head with stuffed animals, he remained perfectly harmless) but the sometimes he'd try to attack other dogs for what seemed to be no reason. We didn't train him to be that way. In fact we tried to train him NOT to be that way, but it just seemed to come naturally. We also had a female Cocker Spaniel, Honey, who Buddy adored, but he'd even pick on her every now and then. Honey, on the other hand, was always sweet and friendly with other dogs, no matter how unfamiliar they were to her. I'm just speaking from my experience, but it seems to me that natural dog aggression has more to do with gender than breed.

18, if almost any dog, no matter the breed, perceived another animal as a threat to their loved ones, the dog would be ready to fight for their owners or at least bark til the threat goes away!

If people are breeding and training them for the wrong reasons (fighting) they look for the one who has more of a dog aggressive behavior.

Hi guys. Just thought I'd jump in and say "*your" to number 13 before I OCD-freaked. Sorry. 13- *your

bombcop 3

Actually, he is right. The Pitt bull was originally bred for fighting or as a work dog. I know too, have been around working dogs for 15 years.

noisebox 1

You're got to be kidding? I guess you feel zombies are friendly too?

NagainaFier 16

Gotta love me some pitties; they're great people dogs. Horrendously dog aggressive though. And I've heard they have a high pain tolerance, but GOING THROUGH A WINDOW? Good lord.

That's not surprising at all. Saying a pitbull has a high pain tolerance is like saying a tsunami is a big wave. My pitbull has been bitten and badly scratch by other dogs, and her response was to wag her tail and try to play. When I cleaned out the wounds she she didn't notice the stinging and just kept trying to lick me. She's run head first into the concrete side of my house. All she did was adjust her course and keep running(and eventually ran into the house again...and again). I'll be giving her a nice walk only to notice her toe nail has split open and is bleeding when I haven't even heard the slightest whimper of pain. I don't think pain is even in their little dogie dictionary.

15, if you really loved pitties you wouldn't be so ignorant to label them all "horrendously dog aggressive". Seriously?

If you've ever seen a video of a dogfight, which I have (on Animal Cops) it's easy to see they have a high pain tolerance. That video was very disturbing!

brad42013 3

Seriously?..good family dogs? Wrong. There's a girl in my hometown who was mauled by her 8 year old pit, a supposed "great family dog that loves kids"..that was 7 years ago.. She's 13 and still having reconstructive surgery on her face because of that damn monster. Pits only deserve death. I feel sorry for nobody who owns a pit and gets attacked by it. You deserve it

AllMyNope 10

^ And you're ignorant. Any dog can be turned into a "horrendously aggressive" animal if not trained correctly. People like you, who condemn an entire breed based on a few unfortunate events, annoy the heck out of me. Saying all pit bulls are bad is like blaming the entire German people for WWII. Honestly.

YDI your responsible for your dog, you made it that way!

Pitbull and you wonder why that went the way it did

BubbleGrunge 18

My moms toy poodle bit the **** out of my brothers hand because she was being a little bitch. Pits have bad reps and your and idiot.

The breed of dog has nothing to do with it. It's the way they're raised. You're the type of person that continues to give pitbulls a bad name when they are very sweet dogs.

Back in middle school, my music teacher owned pitbulls and they were some of the sweetest dogs I've ever known. Her neighbors also owned pitbulls, but one of them had to be put down for constantly attacking my music teacher's pitbull. It's all about who raised them, not the breed. If you look on the news and hear a report about a pitbull attack, the owner is usually either crazy or a crackhead, but I've known some very nice pitbull owners too, but their dogs don't attack because it's taken the personality of its owner.

BubbleGrunge 18

Geez, 'scuse my autocorrect, sorry I didn't have time to go edit my mistakes. *You're an idiot; didn't know you couldn't figure that out, Sirin. :)

The dog's not stupid. That's what pitbulls were bred to do. Attack.

That's bull. I have a pit bill and he is the most affectionate and easy going dog I've ever had.

No dog breed is "bred" to do anything. They're TRAINED to. If you train your little yapping chihuahua to attack, then he will. If you train your big "bad" pitbull to be a lapdog, then he will be just that.

I sense a nature vs nurture debate coming...

I meant bred as in throughout history. Like certain dogs have been bred for hunting, pit bulls were bred for attacking. Sure you can train your dog to do otherwise, but OP obviously didn't.

What an entire race was BRED to do over the years does not influence a specific dog. It's not like the dog sits there and thinks, "well, logically speaking, my great grandfather on my mother's side was the most famous fighting dog in the history of the world, so I should be a fighting dog as well." No, dogs start out with a clean slate. While it's true that breeds have specific characteristics, there is nothing in a pitbull other than protectiveness that would make them an aggressive dog. The only reason people freak out so bad over pitbull attacks is because once a pit attacks, it seriously injures. Not because they're any more aggressive and mean than any other dog breed, but because they're big and extremely strong. End of rant.

YDI. It's your dog and therefor your responsibility. If you don't want stuff like this to happen, then train him right.

Dogs are territorial by nature. I'm NOT saying pits or any breed is aggressive by nature, but they almost all dogs will try to protect what is theirs. Namely, their family and property.

It depends on how you train them. I grew up with a golden retriever and he wouldn't hurt a soul. I'm pretty sure we could have had an armed robber break into our house and the dog would've been excited to meet him. He wasn't overly territorial to where he would've attacked someone or another dog for "crossing over his land".

I've had Pitties almost my whole life! Yes they can be dumb as a brick but they are the sweetest dogs ever if you do not train them to be aggressive! It's just another scape goat animal just like Rotties and Dobermans have been! The only time any of my Pits have ever attacked another animal was in defense of their property, which is what it sounds like yours was doing! You people really need to do your research on them! Veterinary Dr's will tell you to get one if you have children! Used to be nursery dogs to signal if something was wrong with infants. Remember it's the owner/breeder not the breed!

They even use pits as therapy dogs in some hospitals because they have such a high pain tolerance that a little squeezing by a patient going through a painful procedure isn't gonna make them sweat.

The Pitt I currently have is my therapy dog! She is the sweetest dog ever and has helped in more ways then my psychologist ever has! Yes I said psychologist! I'm a war Vet and she helps with my PTSD.

Stitches for a dog is around $600. If I had some chloroform, I would be tempted to do the job myself. My dog did the same thing.