By anthony - 25/11/2015 12:32 - Luxembourg

Today, a cute girl I know in passing approached me very nervously and blushing like mad. She gave me a note with a number on it, said to call her, then ran away. When I called the number later, it was one of those rejection hotlines. What the hell? FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 233
You deserved it 1 874

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Redgy22 26

Next time you see her, put her on the spot & tell her you lost her number & then ask her for it. First, she'll be bummed her "trick" didn't work & second, she'll feel bad when you don't call her. Turn about is fair play.

Curious as to what OP's interaction with her has been thus far that made the girl feel the need to do this. If OP has been creepy, maybe she's being proactive. But if OP truly just knows her "in passing" this is a total dick move on the girl's part.

Comments

Lol sorry OP but I do find it funny sorry mate

probably a dare, she may not even know you liked her

leogachi 15

@25 Thinking someone is cute isn't the same as liking them.

Girlfriend peer pressure. The blush tells me she did not want to do it and was embarrassed about it. She most likely likes you. Give her a second chance when she is alone.

I agree, actually. Unless OP has unwittingly come onto her (or just didn't tell us), it has got to be some prank out of peer pressure. Play it cool, see if you can very subtly give her a guilty concience (but don't come down too hard on her), then see if something good might come out of it. With cute girls, any first contact is an opportunity. Most important: don't judge her too hard before you know more.

olpally 32

What a ****. Wow. Some people are just ******* pathetic.

Shoulda chased her down. Bitches love when you chase them down.

They also love it when you throw them a ball and give them dried pig ears. ... Oh! You're talking about women! My bad.

29 I'm shocked you're single. Or do the "bitches" run too fast for you?

people like you are why women preeptively reject people.

That is weird. Either she's a big troll and has the act down to a T or she was coerced into doing it. Maybe someone dared her to? It sounds fishy, but there's always two sides to every story.

And say you lost the number with an increasingly dismissive lies each time.

I would play along. Now that she has approached you already. The next time you see her, just say "You must have written your phone number down wrong. May I have your real number." Then the ball is in her court to either reject you or to chat with you.