The truth will always come out

By cmendez - 26/02/2010 05:02 - United States

Today, my mother, who is 75 years-old, just told me and my sister that we were adopted. I'm 45 years-old and my sister is 49. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 866
You deserved it 2 304

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Parents are those who raise, not those who knock someone up/get pregnant.

iEmily 0

bit late to be telling you that.

Comments

At that age... she isn't senile, is she? Well, if anything, what #61 said is probably true if she isn't turning into a loon.

disgruntledyouth 0

big deal, at least you have a family unlike many other children in orphanages

wandaax03 0

so? does that change anything, really? she's still your mother even though you didn't cone out of her body, right? get over it. move on. there are worse things in life.

no shit 75 years old she probably would have been stoned if she had a kid at 16 dumbass

@ 70 - er, no. Back in the day it was quite common for women to be married and having babies by 16. Especially if they are from rural backgrounds. My mother-in-law is about the same age and her oldest daughter (my husband is the youngest of 7) is in her late 50's. She was born when my MIL was 16.

smb12346 17

I don't understand why this is a FMYLife? Did it change the past 40-something years? Do you think, somehow, her love wasn't as sincere because she didn't tell you about the adoption? It's one small detail that means very little in the grand scheme of things. She was still your mother. She still raised you. You just don't have her DNA. Get over it.