The truth will always come out

By cmendez - 26/02/2010 05:02 - United States

Today, my mother, who is 75 years-old, just told me and my sister that we were adopted. I'm 45 years-old and my sister is 49. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 866
You deserved it 2 304

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Parents are those who raise, not those who knock someone up/get pregnant.

iEmily 0

bit late to be telling you that.

Comments

it doesnt matter if she didnt give birth to you. she raised you, shes your mother, dont let it bother you

How is this an fml? Your mother wanted children so badly she adopted you and your sister. She sounds like an amazing person. Grow up.

maybe your mom has dementia and she thinks you're someone else.

maire_fml 0

Go to www.latediscovery.org -- you're not alone. Contact me at jginger94 at yahoo dot com if you want to talk. It sucks to discover late in life that you were adopted. We understand!!

...and? unless you have some sort of genetic disease that the doctors ruled out i fail to see the fml.

Haven't read the comments so might of already been mentioned, but shouldn't you thank her for raising you up, feeding you, giving you a home?

I really don't see this as an fml. If she loved you and was there for you as a mother for 45 years what does it matter if you didn't come out of her ******? Obviously your biological mother didn't want you so why would you even worry. F the L's of those poor kids who don't have any mother figures at all, not yours!

capthavoc123 0

Yeah, that totally sucks that you were one of the few children in the foster care system who got adoptive parents and were supported through your childhood. I totally feel your pain.