Thanks, Stephen King

By Anonymous - 23/03/2013 00:02 - United States - Buford

Today, on Facebook, I mentioned that I'd just finished reading the novel Pet Sematary. Two hours later, I'd lost two friends and my boyfriend, after they commented "learn to spell, dumbass", "u illiterate fucker", and "well, I'm not dating you for your brains, am I?" I hate humanity. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 737
You deserved it 8 009

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Better to rid yourself of fickle friends now than when it can really hurt you!

Point out to them that it's the correct spelling. I'd like to see their reactions.

Comments

Good riddance! Obviously he isn't very smart, or nice. Even if you'd spelled it the wrong way, that's still a dick move. You definitely deserve better.

Oh God. Please, somebody just extract those idiots from earth.

PerditaDessa 38

It's not your fault King wrote about children young enough to misspell cemetery on the sign. You should look for new friends/boyfriend in the library/book store you get your next book from.

cemetary ftfy unless Americans spell it differently

I never noticed it was spelled that way until op posted this, went to my bookshelf, and I'll be damned! I feel kind of dumb now. I mean, that illiterate Stephen King needs to learn how to spell!

bingababe 16

Have you actually read the book? Or is it in your bookcase because it belongs to your parents? If you'd read it you'd know why it was spelt that way.

R4inb0wBrit3 13

Please tell me you're joking about calling Steven King illiterate...

musiciangirl591 16

stephen king has been writing books for more than 30 years, i don't think he's illiterate :P

The idiots were known are down that road a piece in loser vill ( jud Crandall voice) great movie as well by the way

Just to go off topic a little here; though Stephen King is pure brilliance, I think Dean Koontz is even better... :)

Pull up. One is not better than the other. They are completely different writers and both bloody great.

Jacksparrow72 21

Well, they don't matter if they're only FB friends. People on FB delete me all the time. But 5 times as many add me. It doesn't bother me as long as its not people I care about. Don't take those people seriously. As for your boyfriend, take a picture of the book & ask him not to embarrass you like that on FB again.

May i ask, out of pure curiosity, how many facebook "friends" you have? I've never understood this race for fake online friends thing.

Why would you add people you don't care about to your Facebook friend list?

Because I don't care about my FB account. Because they are from different schools I went to. Because it's time consuming to delete people I don't talk to from ages ago. It's just a social network, if I met them once I accept the request. That simple. But because it's a social network, having someone delete me is the same as someone deleting my contact & avoiding me in real life because life goes on with or without such dramatic people. Why should anyone care about people who don't really care or respect them? OP's "friends" were probably bratty FB obsessed people who weren't really her friends. Real friends don't do immature things like that. So OP, don't take those people seriously.

Wow, clearly your friends are the idiots. Copy paste the wiki page of the book onto your status.. geez.

delamer 8

Just take a pic of the cover and put it on Facebook without saying anything. They'll realize they shoved their foot in their mouth.