Thanks, Stephen King

By Anonymous - 23/03/2013 00:02 - United States - Buford

Today, on Facebook, I mentioned that I'd just finished reading the novel Pet Sematary. Two hours later, I'd lost two friends and my boyfriend, after they commented "learn to spell, dumbass", "u illiterate fucker", and "well, I'm not dating you for your brains, am I?" I hate humanity. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 737
You deserved it 8 009

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Better to rid yourself of fickle friends now than when it can really hurt you!

Point out to them that it's the correct spelling. I'd like to see their reactions.

Comments

Flora_fml 6

The one who can't even spell y-o-u is really one to talk. But seriously, at least it wasn't The Pursuit of Happyness.

Maybe post a picture of the book and ask who is the illiterate one now?

They would probably say the author is the illiterate one....

OhDearBetrayal 25

It would take some nerve to call Stephen King illiterate.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
yoursucklives 36

it's correct, it's the books title!

I hope this is a reference to the book, but I'm doubtful.

fordfan89 9

sometimes its better to keep your mouth shut and let people think your an idiot, than to open it and prove them right.

the book title is spelled that way as the sign in the book was painted by young children, the main character Lewis states at one point "it's funny how that little misspelling gets into your head"

Some people just need to check themselves before stupidity like this flies out of their mouth/fingers. It would save a lot of my faith in humanity from being lost.

The sex must be good... you're clearly not dating him for his brain, either. The stupidity, it burns us.

Put a "Thinner" curse on them.... ;) (Love Stephen King!). Obviously the people that you "lost" aren't worth wasting your time over!

If you like Stephen King, you will love Dean Koontz!!! Try him. You will be hooked.

chillinAK 9

With Dean Koontz, try to stick to his earlier novels like Watchers,Cold Fire, Winter Moon. His newer works are way to full of it.

Sounds like you're better off without all of them... If it were me I'd tag their comments and a picture of the book so all of their friends can see who the real dumbasses are.

Your (ex)-friends/boyfriend obviously aren't keen readers of novels then...