Thanks, Stephen King

By Anonymous - 23/03/2013 00:02 - United States - Buford

Today, on Facebook, I mentioned that I'd just finished reading the novel Pet Sematary. Two hours later, I'd lost two friends and my boyfriend, after they commented "learn to spell, dumbass", "u illiterate fucker", and "well, I'm not dating you for your brains, am I?" I hate humanity. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 737
You deserved it 8 009

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Better to rid yourself of fickle friends now than when it can really hurt you!

Point out to them that it's the correct spelling. I'd like to see their reactions.

Comments

skyeyez9 24

Those unfortunate retards. If they had actually read the book, it is spelled that way. The town children were heartbroken for all their dead pets due to a stretch of highway "kill zone" from the speeding semi trucks. They made a pet cemetery and spelled it "Semetery" because they were little kids and didn't know the correct spelling.

I haven't read that book in so long... I feel like reading it again now...

surfergirl72 7

Maybe your to picky with you're friends. Omg! That HURT to write that. Stupid people make me (sic).

You still didn't spell cemetery correctly.

skyeyez9 24

You people do realize the title of the book is spelled "Pet Semetery" for a reason? In the story, a bunch of heartbroken children over the years pets were run over on a stretch of highway in their town. The "kill zone" where speeding "Orinco" semi trucks blast by going 80mph. The children built a pet cemetery for their dead animals. The sign at the gate entrance to the graveyard was spelled "Pet Semetery" by the kids, because they did 't know any better.

If they don't know about Stephen King, you're better off without them!

denzii_beaar 2

But that's what it's actually called.. People want to run around pretending to be grammar nazis when they don't even know great literature.. What idiots.

Stephen King's a skilled writer, but his books aren't exactly "great literature."

denzii_beaar 2

Meh. To each their own right? I love S.K novels! So naturally I would say he's the best out there. And certainly an inspiration for the rest of the authors trying to find their place in this genre.

Quiet_one 22

The obvious response to this is to reply with a link to the Amazon (or any bookstore's) page for the book and the comment "Who's the illiterate dumbass now?"

If you lost them over something so trivial, you never really had them.