Thanks for the assistance

By CorpDrone - 03/11/2009 21:51 - United States

Today, I came in to work and found the conference room whiteboards completely clean. My assistant had wiped all the white boards where I'd spent 10 hours writing the schedule for the next three months. I was going to meet with all the supervisors to finalize that schedule today. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 702
You deserved it 7 094

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You should have taped a piece of paper to the board to remind people not to erase it. That really sucks =/

Comments

Someones fired.......though you should've told her not to erase it.

tjisnumbaone 5

I'm guessing that assistant is fired... FYL indeed

laos2542 0

And thats why nowdays we have something called "Presentations" that you can do in several neat formats like power point, open office, flash and so on. So, thats why i voted that you deserved it. Get on with the times.

fyl, but next time do it on your labtop and save it to a flashdrive just incase

It's the counters in the lab! Obviously he's trying to tell the OP to write it all on lab counters next time, amirite?

956TXking 0
cybely 0

Next time write in Sharpie, stupid.

cybely 0

Unlike some people who apparently spend their entire lives reading all the comments to every FML (I assume you fall in this category), I just comment. I don't read all the comments to be sure mine isn't redundant. Because who gives a shit, they are comments on FML. Get a life.

jchansfan 0

Actually, reading the comments is half the fun. The comments can actually be funnier than the FML at times... ;) And no offence, but they probably called you on it beacuse it was a lame joke, especially to be done twice.. lol Sorry :P

MaddogTotten 0

Reading the comments is 90% of the fun. Seriously, the FMLs usually suck. Once you get past the moderators and the character limit is when the real fun begins. If all you are commenting on is the OP's limited information then you really don't understand how this site is supposed to work.

sydefx 0

Hey cybely. Your comment failed. And no, I dont read every comment, but I just happened to be online for an hour and was reading random FMLs, so yeah. Your comment was not as tough as it seemed as the other 2 people laughed at you. Moron.

I doubt that this is true, for a few reasons. 1. If you spent 10 hours writing all of this on a board, your assistant probably would have noticed. Thus he/she would have known to leave the writing up there instead of erasing it 2. How do you spend 10 HOURS writing something on the board? Do you seriously not have anything better to do with your day? If you were going over a schedule with supervisors, you're probably some kind of manager, which means you should have plenty of other work. Unless you did this over a period of a couple of days, but that doesn't seem sensible, because other people probably would have used the room (presumably a conference room) during that time and erased your stuff anyway. 3. Have you never heard of spreadsheets? Or even a word processor? Why not spend 2 hours typing it out and then email it to the supervisors for revision. Then bring a projector to the meeting (or hell, just make print-outs). Why spend 10 hours writing it on a board that'll get messy the instant you make a change? Even if it's true, YDI for not taking the 10 seconds to write "Do Not Erase" on the board in big, bold letters. Or telling your assistant not to erase it. Or just making your assistant do it in the first place.

canadian1192 2

There are new technologies called LAPTOPS, and a PROJECTORS!