By WorkWeirdo - 30/03/2016 20:26 - Peru - Lima

Today, my boss finally checked the presentation I have been working on for three weeks. She called me into her office, and told me everything was dreadful, and requested me to start from scratch. It's due in half an hour. FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 615
You deserved it 1 549

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Maybe you should have checked more than once in that three weeks to see if she liked the direction you were heading? Otherwise, hope it turned out well

Maybe she can use her own ideas to make a better one since clearly she knew better than you :) Good luck OP, I really hope you figured something out!

Comments

Maybe you should have checked more than once in that three weeks to see if she liked the direction you were heading? Otherwise, hope it turned out well

Don't know if sarcasm or not? If not, you should probably re-read the fml

Maybe OP's boss should act like one and check on the progress without the employee having to come to them asking if they like it.

OP also said that she "finally" checked it implying that he's been waiting for her to look it over.

Maybe she can use her own ideas to make a better one since clearly she knew better than you :) Good luck OP, I really hope you figured something out!

Nothing like constructive criticism in a timely manner huh?

2 Weeks: "Ok, we're going with the first logo. Put it on a lightish background..." 1 Week: "We've decided to go with a combination of the third and fifth logo, and can you make it 3d?" Day of: "Can we go back to the first logo, change the font to something more dynamic, and can you use a warmer palette?" Hour before: "Those colors are terrible! We need something bright and vivid. Maybe chartreuse and fuchsia? And round off those corners on the letters a bit? See you at the meeting!" I feel you. So much.

Wow I've had that boss. After 3 weeks of asking for feedback or firmer instuctions on a 45 page report she told me to completely redo it from scratch the day before it was due.

You need to ask her 2 questions. #1, are you out your ******* mind? #2, where was all you're worry and advice about this project in the last couple of weeks? Then you need to tell her that yeah, you're all over it....... over the ignorance that is. Although you may want to use more tact then I have demonstrated here, I freely admit that is not one of my strong points. Good luck OP, I hope in the future you are given more guidance and support in your position.

Your boss is letting you know ahead of time that if someone doesn't like the presentation for whatever reason, she is throwing you under the bus with "I told them to change it!"

saxaddict122 14

If she doesn't even have time to look over your presentation for three weeks, I think you deserve an extension on the project. Just saying.

I see only one solution, your boss is obviously an asshole, buy him a couple butt plugs and put them to good use.

If possible I'd go to HR, if I'd give a simple hell to the naw and put in my two weeks. I'd rather chill at my mother's than work for a dumbass