Thanks for the assistance

By CorpDrone - 03/11/2009 21:51 - United States

Today, I came in to work and found the conference room whiteboards completely clean. My assistant had wiped all the white boards where I'd spent 10 hours writing the schedule for the next three months. I was going to meet with all the supervisors to finalize that schedule today. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 702
You deserved it 7 094

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You should have taped a piece of paper to the board to remind people not to erase it. That really sucks =/

Comments

The FML comes when OP has to tell her boss why she wasn't prepared for her meeting with the supervisors. 'My assistant erased it' must be the corp. equivilant to 'My dog ate it'. But an 'F' in corp. means you're out of a job.

zawed 1

Bull. =) There's no way that writing something took 10 hours. No, I'm not old enough to have that kind of job, I'll admit, but there's NO way that a schedule would take 10 hours. And, even if it did, why wouldn't you tell your assistant or put a simple, "Do Not Erase" sign? YDI.

Shmoopie4 0

Sounds like it's time for a new assistant...or a new job.

LOL at all the comments. OP prob thought in her head that this was an fml...until she reads all the comments and realises that everyone thinks she's a fucktard. I hope she reads all the comments!

dragonflygal 0

lesson learned. if something needs to last a while, make a hard copy

who the **** writes something that important on a white board. like forreal if someone even bumped into on accident half of it could have got erased. you should lose your job.

i dont think u people realize that its probably easier to write out a schedule on a whiteboard...its easier to make quick changes...and she said they were having a meeting to finalize it the next morning..which mean last minute changes could be made.maybe thats how they do things at the company. Its an FML and a YDI. you should have told the assistant.

ozymandias_fml 0

YDI for not using a computer instead.