Smooth

By godzilllla - 08/08/2015 01:59 - United States - Bothell

Today, while at the local supermarket, I spotted an attractive woman packing food into a shelf. Trying to be flirty, I asked where I could find the cream cheese. Apparently, it was on the shelf right behind me. I heard her mutter "idiot" under her breath. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 374
You deserved it 11 800

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Whenever theres a girl around, guys tend to dumb down.. Better luck next time OP

Comments

Next time, ask if she can help you find the hot sausage. Cute grocery store employees who are sick of getting hit on love that.

I would have reported her. no need to talk trash about a guest

leogachi 15

@66 No need to hit on someone while they're trying to do their job. Besides, she was probably already having a bad day. Any job that deals with customers is shitty, and it's not like she yelled at him or something.

"Trying to be flirty, I asked her where's the cream cheese" if this is how guys flirt I'm really confused

She's a little bit of a bitch. As someone who has worked in a supermarket I've had loads of customers ask effete something is when it's right behind, next to or above them.

Well, two things firstly don't hit on workers, secondly if you do please have a backup. "I'm sorry, I never even checked! I was too stunned by your beauty." I mean, cmon don't do it but if you do, do it right.

Could've said: Oh, I'm sorry I didn't see it was behind me, your beauty caught my attention and I couldn't see anything else. She would certainly feel flattered and you could've had a chance. Better luck next time and try to think of good and gentle comebacks.

You do not know the girl personally, #77, so you can't say what will win her heart.

xcrunner5671 4

YDI what makes you think someone is looking to be hit on while their going about their daily business

What other business is there in this world other than daily business?

Don't worry about it, she's the idiot if she can't read between the lines and figure out what's going on. although next time, ask for whipped cream. You can do more with that.

leogachi 15

@81 They were in a grocery store. Why should she have assumed that he was hitting on her?

Plus he was asking about cream cheese... I definitely wouldn't have interpreted that as flirting

ah well, maybe think through some new pick up lines next time.