Smooth

By godzilllla - 08/08/2015 01:59 - United States - Bothell

Today, while at the local supermarket, I spotted an attractive woman packing food into a shelf. Trying to be flirty, I asked where I could find the cream cheese. Apparently, it was on the shelf right behind me. I heard her mutter "idiot" under her breath. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 374
You deserved it 11 800

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Whenever theres a girl around, guys tend to dumb down.. Better luck next time OP

Comments

I know.. When you see the beauty your brain turns off

Don't flirt with someone who's working. Why would you do that?

Cream cheese? Really??? Were you trying to be flirty or dirty?

Hey, where's the cream cheese? I don't think that counts as flirting.

AkBunny907 18

How is asking wear cream cheese can be located flirty at all? I vote you deserved it not very bright on your part Op.

Attacksloth 33

I don't think it's possible to seductively say "Where do you keep your cream cheese?" Everyone denouncing this woman as a bitch - I'm guessing at least a few of you have worked in customer service, so I have no clue why you're labelling her as that. An obvious question is one surefire way to tip a clerk whose been having a bad day over the edge. Everyone has bad days. Should she have taken it out on you? No. Do I blame her for being frustrated? No, because a combination of managerial pressure, pressure from customers, verbal abuse, low pay, and probable lack of benefits would make anyone who isn't a career service worker bitter. Just an alternate possibility for you.

Not to mention she clearly didn't mean for him to hear that, probably muttering to herself.

well, op, always remember how you feel on a crappy day at work before you flirt with someone who is working. YDI

Should of asked where the condoms were.

There aren't many acceptable ways to flirt with a worker, but cheesy pick up lines aren't one of them. I once saw a regular to my local shop go up to a cashier, give her a piece of paper and then walk out. He had written his number down, said he thought she was beautiful and to call him. She pretty much teared up at that! Next time try a bit less cheese and a bit more sweetness :)