Sex Ed is broken

By asnolt - 24/05/2011 22:29 - United States

Spicy
Today, I had to explain to my sobbing teenage daughter why you can't get pregnant from masturbating. FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 692
You deserved it 9 362

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

lalalaha 0

you shoulda just said : yes sweetie, I'm afraid you are pregnant.. and if you've done it more than once, there's a good Chance you're pregnant with twins, or even sextuplets! how do you think John and Kate had so many kids?! she couldn't keep her hands off herself!

keithandra 0

Parents really shouldn't HAVE to teach their kids about sex. None of it is hard to figure out. I mean honestly, FYL for knowing your genes created....that. How in ANY way she doesn't know about sex by the time she's a teenager is beyond me.

No, parents DO have to teach their kids this stuff and that's the way it should be! She should have been told this stuff way before now! It's no good to rely on the school or some ill-informed other kids to tell them this stuff. If it comes from you at least you know that they have the correct information.

joa76 3

My school, on the plus side, had real sex ed, not just the abstinence-only crap the US tries to push. On the down side, it was in 11th grade, which is a bit too late for half the people (although we did get a brief overview of STDs in 9th grade health). If school is the only place teens learn PROPER information from (don't even pretend what they hear from their friends is always correct), some students will never learn anything useful, thanks to abstinence-only sex ed, and others will learn it far too late. Not everyone has a decent sex ed class at a reasonable time (like 7th grade).

kg163401 0

Either way, the kid's a moron for not paying better attention. The average human could pick up on how that process works. It's very simple

lilponygurrl 0

you fail. she's gonna go out and get pregnant now...

Shadow_Phantom 26

Once again, humanity proves YES... it CAN be that stupid. FYL.

spez8 2

so, is she pregnant and just tried to blame it on masturbating? or just has no clue?

Hooray for the religious right! Let's keep sex education out of schools and in the locker room where it belongs!

Only if her finger, or fingers, started shooting out sperm, then she should be worried.

my mom basically told me to wait until marriage and then made me feel ashamed anytime I asked about it. sex ed is the only way I learned about anything. I once had this children's book which was about the human body, and she decided it was too in depth and took it away, not before shaming me in the process. where am I going with this? not all parents are awesome and teach you what you need to know, or take you to get contraception. mine just suck and are trying to keep me pure instead of being actual parents. "there's more to being a parent than just loving your kid" - words of wisdom

StormGirl142 24

My school has an abstinence only sex ed program, but we are taught how sex and getting pregnant work and different forms of birth control. Maybe the girl just has a crappy school system/parent.

I think I know what you mean here but if they taught you anything about contraception it isn't abstinence only.. We had something to the effect of 'Please don't do it. However, if you're going to this is how it works' Our school told us to be abstinent but also taught us how to be safe.

joa76 3

It's a fine line, but a sex ed class CAN teach about contraception and still be abstinence-only. Often they tend to exaggerate the failure rates, so it's like, "This is a condom. Sometimes people use this, thinking they won't get pregnant, but half of them do anyway. Abstinence is the only way to avoid pregnancy."