Sex Ed is broken

By asnolt - 24/05/2011 22:29 - United States

Spicy
Today, I had to explain to my sobbing teenage daughter why you can't get pregnant from masturbating. FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 693
You deserved it 9 365

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

Oh Dear Goddess, this made me laugh soooo hard! Seriously though, OP. Obviously her mother kept her from learning anything about sex (since it's partially her job and partially the school's job to teach her such things). Or perhaps it was you? If it was, you should not not be so protective of your daughter. Get her mum to sit her down and have "the talk". IMMEDIATELY.

joa76 3

Why do you assume she HAS a mother? Maybe he's a single parent. The girl's mom could be dead, or she could have ran off with no contact.

Well OBVIOUSLY then he'd sit her down himself.

Why is it the mother's job? It's a PARENTS job. If you have the luxury of having two parents it might make sense to have the mum tell the girls and the dad tell the boys. I don't see why it has to be that way though!

Well I don't have the luxury of having two parents, and even if I did, I wouldn't want my father sitting me down and having that talk! I'd prefer Mum. It's too awkward otherwise. But I'm not saying that that's everyone.

Isa_fml 20

That is tragic. You raised this moron. Congrats.

kg163401 0

You can't get pregnant from masturbating? **** MY life. I'm gonna go rub one out in celebration

ajwoolliscroft 0

I hope our government see this and realize the importance of Sex Ed in schools :/

thats not normal! most kids know from a relatively early age from tv that you need a mummy and daddy to make a baby. YDI. as the parent, you need to give your kids sex education. enough said

baconboy_42 8

Good old abstinence only programs.

Fail for not teaching your kid about sex. Oh, do go and burst her bubble some more and tell her storks don't bring babies. This world could REALLY use some sex smart teens.