Reasons to be cheerful, pt. 4

By amf - 03/06/2011 03:08 - United States

Today, I got fired via text. The last sentence was, "Wish you the best, take care!" FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 123
You deserved it 3 343

Same thing different taste

Top comments

What did you expect? "You're fired asshole?"

Texting is never the right way for firing or break ups. What happened to being sincere and having a face to face conversation?

Comments

you ask the question as if the they'll actually reply lol. No offense :)

OCDC 9

Sometimes the OP will reply to a comment on their FML. There's not a rule that says once you post an FML, you can never revisit it again.

I've only seen it 4 or 5 times but they do sometimes..

dbt88 15

I was gonna ask if it was Teavana. My friend was fired from one via text message and I wonder if that's just how they handle everybody.

bibit1990 2

I got fired by phone while at work once..lol that sucked... my boss left for the day,shortly after I got a call on the phone in my bosses office..thinking they were letting me know I had been there long enough to move out of my "probationary period" I was ecstatic, until they told me to grab my stuff out of my locker and my last paycheck from my manager (who obviously knew all day due to the fact she had my last check)... I was just days shy of my 3 month mark which would have symbolized the end of my "probationary period".. :(

I'm kind of a muffin expert... and I agree.

yeah... sorry about that... calling you just seemed so mean. I didn't have the heart to tell it to your face :)

At least you didn't get to see the smile on the face of the person who sent that text message... Still very impersonal though... Sorry!

reply with... "I will... take care, wish you the best finding who's been sleeping with your wife/husband/boyfriend/girlfriend hahaha"

bloddyhell 2

I'd refuse to be dismissed so unceremoniously. Fck it, I'd go to work and pretend I never received the text. Make the asshole man up and fire you in person.

RockstarRN 10

best idea ever! do it! say you never got the text.

your job must have sucked then, ha. Sorry but that blows!

GoodLookingGeese 10

Unfortunately one of the things I have to do is to hire and fire people. And doing it by SMS or e-mail is either unprofessional and illegal. It's always very important to finish cooperation as professional and nice as a it start, and to pay the person for the job he/she did.

'either unprofessional and illegal' or what?