Reasons to be cheerful, pt. 4

By amf - 03/06/2011 03:08 - United States

Today, I got fired via text. The last sentence was, "Wish you the best, take care!" FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 123
You deserved it 3 343

Same thing different taste

Top comments

What did you expect? "You're fired asshole?"

Texting is never the right way for firing or break ups. What happened to being sincere and having a face to face conversation?

Comments

#76 He WAS a jerk about it, just fir firing someone by text.

tmmundy 17

what a chicken shit way of doing things. your boss or ex-boss needs to grow some big "ones" and start doing business the professional way.

that means he or she thinks your not ready and wishes u the best

I would've replied when do I get to pick up my last paycheck.

lol saw this on reddit. on r/askreddit a boss was asking whether it was right or not to fire via text

BustaCapInYoAss 5

I don't see the fml in this?

Awh man, I've been let go from a job before via text and it isn't nice. Plus, it's so impersonal and so difficult to 'see' their tone of voice, so to speak, that they can make you feel like a really shitty person even if you weren't fired through any fault of your own.

it depends on OP's situation... I did the hiring/firing at a construction site where I hired a good friend of mine. He didn't pull his weight, was late or didn't show up. The last day he didn't show up I texted him and told him not to come back except to sign the papers stating why he was being let go..