Overreaction

By rejected - 13/04/2012 05:09 - United States - Charlotte

Today, my girlfriend saw the name "Melissa" on my phone's contact list. After refusing to tell her who it was, she accused me of being a cheater, broke up with me and stormed out of my house. Melissa is the name of a woman from Craigslist who was going to sell me an antique engagement ring. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 767
You deserved it 9 403

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You could have told her that it was because of a present to her... Then no loose ends to misunderstand on :) Fyl though, she sounds kind of insecure.. If she really love you, maybe she will want you back

Comments

BlackBlazeCobra 16

Ouch man. Next time just lie. Let her simmer down and tell her what you were really planning.

She's going to feel pretty silly when she finds out, should've saved it under a guy's name!

I guess he wouldn't have expected her to react like that, so he wouldn't have thought to save it under a guy's name

I'm wondering why she felt the need to go through his phone. My husband and I never go through each others phones. It's another sign of insecurity.

haha i was giving my number to a guy in school once and he said what should i save it under? idk my name? he probably had a phone searching girlfriend

138, I just think that he didn't know what your name actually was...

spacewardtrout 16

yes, because it's up to him to put a false name on the contact rather than expecting her to not go totally psycho?

so your ex girlfriend didnt allow u to have other females on ur contact list?

cthighlander 3

A sign of what was to come. She has serious trust issues and it'll only get worse. You're better off.

yanksby7 6

Amen to that...a relationship without trust is not a relationship!!! You're better off dude. Get yourself a girl who doesn't invite unnecessary drama and live happily ever after.

15 - Off topic - Are you a highlander from Scotland? And yeah I totally agree with you, OP you don't deserve her!

Call her and explain. If she doesn't believe you show her Craigslist or something! Get her back!

Seems like to me he just saved a heap of cash, and he should spend it on himself or if he crosses paths with another woman who he wants to marry, then on her. Hopefully that one for op's case is not a nutter.

megan324 4

Ur an idiot he should explain and get her back if he loves her tht much u asshole

kizzykins 9

Why did you add her to your contacts in the first place? After you call about the ad the number would be in your call log. That way if questioned you could say it was a wrong number. Or if that's too difficult, why not just save her to your contacts as Craig?

kizzykins 9

She must have shown her crazy side before if they've been together long enough for him to consider marriage. Sooo, if he knew she had serious jealousy issues and did this then yes his fault. He's better off in the long run though. She's obviously nuts.

Pretend to text Melissa telling her that you don't need the ring because your girlfriend is paranoid and send it to your girlfriend by "accident". See how she feels then.

the hell with your girlfriend, I'm serious. I'm in the exact same situation. Fights that go about absolutely nothing; you don't have to defend yourself

yanksby7 6

LEAVE! There are non-psycho girls out there. I promise! I'm one of em! If she trusts you, jealousy should not be an issue. If she doesn't then you're missing the most important part of a relationship, and it is doomed to fail anyway.

Maybe it's for the best, but you really should have said something. Refusing to tell her is rather suspicious, though if you serious enough to marry the trust should be there.

Yeah, you're right! Maybe OP should just keep the ring and give it to someone special instead...