OK Boomer

By Nicks - 03/07/2013 15:10 - United States - Las Vegas

Today, my mother-in-lawyer threatened to sue me unless I took my professional wedding photographs off Facebook, as she didn't like that they made her look fat. She is over 300 pounds. FML
I agree, your life sucks 74 472
You deserved it 4 811

Same thing different taste

Top comments

SilentScreamer 12

You can use a feature on Facebook that blocks a certain person from viewing a specific picture. Try that maybe?

Comments

Even people that aren't overweight are self conscience about their pictures. (Ex: Beyoncé and her unflattering Superbowl pictures). Why not be a dear and just take down only pictures of her? I'm sure she gets made fun of enough without you reminding everyone on your Facebook that she's overweight. The way I read this FML makes me think you get off humiliating her as much as you can. Does she deserve it? Who's to say?

The way this FML reads sounds alot like he posted his wedding pictures and she's threatening to sue him because she looks bad in them. I don't see where he antagonizes her about it.

I gathered it as-- The in-law complained that her pictures make her look fat and then OP stated "She is over 300 pounds". This led me to believe that the OP was saying. . . you look fat because you are fat! No different than the other people on here that enjoy making fun of the fat people.

I hate when people tell me to "be a dear." It usually ends with them asking me something stupid. This is going to be harsh, but: 1. She knew people were going to see the pictures. Pictures are meant to capture the moment so you can, oh I don't know, show people the blessed event. She chose to be in the pictures. 2. If she does not like "looking fat" then she should do something about it. Unless she has a medical condition, being overweight is a lifestyle choice. 3. Why should he have to take down any of his pictures because she does not like how she looks. She can untag herself. Unless the pictures were candid shots she did not ask to be taken, then she chose to participate. I am pretty sure she knows she is overweight and any picture she takes will "make her look fat."

She has no legal right to sue. Keep you photos.

amy6703 6

I had the same thing happen with my husbands relative. I photoshopped her face off and put a donkey face in its place. Then I labeled the pic "me, hubby, friends, and some jackass". She couldn't do anything about it since her face wasn't on it anymore.

some people can't be helped. someone as rude as her should be dealt with accordingly. you should tell her you're going to sue her for running your pictures.

Let her try, I'd love to hear what a judge has to say about that lawsuit.

That's got to be a weight on your shoulders. Ewe, shoulders, the thought. Means your head is down ........

Her problem for looking 300. If she hasn't looked like that, it wouldn't be a prblem

perdix 29

I'm surprised that no else has noticed that it's the mother-in-LAWYER that's complaining. With so many lawyer jokes and mother-in-law jokes, surely there has to be an overlap to make mother-in-lawyer jokes!

Hate to break it to her, but she is FAT.